Playstation controller works when plugged into one laptop but not another one???

Damie310

I have a wired Playstation controller that I have been trying to use on my Windows 10 computer. When I first plugged it in, it went good, the computer recognized the controller. The controller only worked on Steam but not any other games (PS4 controllers are not made for use with Windows computers). However after a few minutes of me trying to work out how I would be able to enable my PS4 controller to work with other games, I finally found out how to but my controller no longer worked. I tried unplugging it and plugging it in again but all it did was make three of the noises that windows makes when a USB device is connected, and flashed the light for a split second before stopping. I tried pluging in the controller in another laptop to see whether the computer or the controller was the issue. It worked perfectly fine on the other laptop. Can someone who knows a bit about USB devices help me out? How will I connect the controller? How do I fix it