Please check my hardware list for my first PC build!

Intel_man

VIP Member
If you want to game, that 'if' needs be sorted out.. LOL

Seriously onboard graphics are trash.. @Intel_man shut up
See, I wouldn't know how amazing onboard graphics is because I don't have Intel integrated graphics. :rolleyes:

Well I might get a GTX 10 series, if the 480 doesn't work out.
The 1070 costs more than the RX480... by quite a lot relatively speaking. Not sure how good the rumoured 1060 is going to be like and how much it will cost.

StrangleHold

Staff member
The wrist strap is useless. Just touch the case before you start working on it every time. If your that paranoid, just strip the plastic off the ends of a wire. Twist one end to the case and twist the other end around your wrist

TreeHobo7

The wrist strap is useless. Just touch the case before you start working on it every time. If your that paranoid, just strip the plastic off the ends of a wire. Twist one end to the case and twist the other end around your wrist
lol ok.

Are there any cheaper SSDs than the corsair?

I am a cheapo so there will be a lot of these questions lol. Buuuut are there some 50 dollar cases that deliver (I don't want a disk drive)

Last edited by a moderator:

Intel_man

VIP Member
Cheapo products don't give you performance or the durability that you'll want. If I were you, I'd be looking into getting a Samsung 850 Evo as a minimum for SSD's... and not trying to find the bottom of the barrel ssd's.

TreeHobo7

Cheapo products don't give you performance or the durability that you'll want. If I were you, I'd be looking into getting a Samsung 850 Evo as a minimum for SSD's... and not trying to find the bottom of the barrel ssd's.
I saw somewhere that windows 10 compatibility on the CPU is bad??? That's not true is it?

spirit

Staff member
Honestly, I'm confused in this thread now - it seems like there's a lot of going backwards and forwards. I understand that by going to lots of different forums you'll maybe learn about things and see different people's views, but I think you are beginning to confuse yourself.

The build from Intel Man in the quote below is perfect. I don't know why you just don't order this? This is a solid build with a great CPU, aftermarket cooling, a nice power supply, 16GB RAM, a fast HDD, a great SSD and when it comes out, the RX 480 will be a great graphics card too. It's in your $1000 USD budget too which I believe is still the budget?

If you need an OS and can't afford the $100 or so for Windows 10 then drop the Corsair cooling and get the OS instead.

Last edited:

Laquer Head

Honestly, I'm confused in this thread now - it seems like there's a lot of going backwards and forwards. I understand that by going to lots of different forums you'll maybe learn about things and see different people's views, but I think you are beginning to confuse yourself.

The build from Intel Man in the quote below is perfect. I don't know why you just don't order this? This is a solid build with a great CPU, aftermarket cooling, a nice power supply, 16GB RAM, a fast HDD, a great SSD and when it comes out, the RX 480 will be a great graphics card too. It's in your $1000 USD budget too which I believe is still the budget?

If you need an OS and can't afford the $100 or so for Windows 10 then drop the Corsair cooling and get the OS instead.

Pretty much, this is getting confusing now. Working within a budget is crucial and we did that, but now we are trying to shave more money off by picking lesser and lesser parts.

spirit

Staff member
I get the impression this guy is somebody who likes to be 110% certain about everything before he buys anything. That's not necessarily a bad thing, but be rest assured that the build from Intel Man is very good and you can't really do better. Just order those things and the RX 480 when it comes out soon. If the RX 480 pushes the price too high then get a CX600M instead of the RM650x or drop the liquid cooling on the CPU, especially if you don't think you're going to overclock it.

I haven't read through all 8 pages so maybe there is something I've missed but I don't really see why this thread needs to be 8 pages long when a build like this has been configured.

Laquer Head

Yeah, Im actually a little annoyed how this all is playing out. I can honestly say I've never spent this much time helping a single person, and its a bit of slap in the face when you spend this much effort, only to have the OP start quoting other forums, cutting costs, and not listening.

You said you had a $1000 budget, we gave you options, and now everything is being done to penny pinch annd cut costs off the budget, while second guessing our help and advice. I don't get it and I don't appreciate my time being wasted. I'm sure @Intel_man would feel similar since he spent a good chunk of his Sunday afternoon helping to.

Anyhow, all the best to the OP but I'm frustrated and fed up with playing games...I'm done!