Please check out my build, first time

bigbenstl

New Member
Please check out this build to make sure everything is compatible and any room for improvement. Want to stay at this price point, mainly used for gaming. I have about 200 dollars in gift cards to best buy, which is why I am getting my gpu from there. Anyone have any other suggestions, please let me know. I guess my main questions are is my gpu and motherboard good enough.

http://www.microcenter.com/single_product_results.phtml?product_id=0317214

gigabyte GA-P55-UD3R motherboard 129.99

http://www.microcenter.com/single_product_results.phtml?product_id=0317379

core i5-750 149.99

http://www.microcenter.com/single_product_results.phtml?product_id=0317775

4GB DDR3-1600 (PC-12800) Gold Low Voltage CL8 Memory Kit 79.99

http://www.microcenter.com/single_product_results.phtml?product_id=0305924

Elite 360 Slim ATX Mid-Tower 44.99

http://www.microcenter.com/single_product_results.phtml?product_id=0294050

GS 550 Watt ATX EPS/12V Power Supply 59.99

http://www.microcenter.com/single_product_results.phtml?product_id=0237870

Caviar SE16 500GB 7,200RPM SATA 3.0Gb/s 3.5" Hard Drive 69.99

http://www.microcenter.com/single_product_results.phtml?product_id=0293535

LightScribe 22x DVD±RW Burner with Dual/Double Layer Support OEM 34.99

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/XFX+-+A...Card/9566025.p?id=1218125775469&skuId=9566025

XFX - ATI Radeon HD 4890 1GB DDR5 PCI Express 2.0 Graphics Card 179.99

total build price- 749.92
 
Last edited:
Looks ok except the "Green" hard drive. They're not meant for performance, so they're slower than "Black" drives.
 
Yeah the HD is the only thing that kinda throws me off with this as well but every thing else is really good and your final price Is really really good. another thing which you probably already know is you did not include an OS in this with the i5 I would go 7 it will run so smooth.
 
different hard drive now, and I know I need an os, going to get windows 7. Gaming wise, will this system be able to play almost anything at at least a decent frame rate?
 
I would like to keep the price within 30 or 40 dollars of what i have it at now, so a ssd is out of the question i think. any other suggestions?
 
Back
Top