Please COMMENT on my gaming rig.

Halofreak410

New Member
Ok I have changed the thread. Please comment on things i should change within my build and if your searching around and find that something isn't compatible with my motherboard please tell me. PLEASE DON'T MAKE ME A NEW ONE. Instead tell me what's wrong with mine. Here is my build:
Case - $25
Motherboard - $70
Processor - $130
RAM - $26 after rebate
Graphics card - $61
Hard drive - $50
Power supply - $16 after rebate
Cd burner - $24
Cd drive - $18

TOTAL: 420
BUDGET: $400-500
 
Yea well I just figured that with the computer I have now, It has some crappy integrated video card or something and most games play with a moderate amount of lag. So I figured with a 70$ one it could just make the games i play no lag. I don't know though I might go with your decision. Btw do you have msn?
 
• I'd change the 8500GT to at least a 8800 series card
• The earlier would require a better PSU also.
• There are probably better options for the motherboard within the same price range
 
• I'd change the 8500GT to at least a 8800 series card
• The earlier would require a better PSU also.
• There are probably better options for the motherboard within the same price range
At least an 8800? An 8800 is still considered somewhat high end, theres no need to spend that much money on an 8800 if you have a very limited budget. The 8500GT can play older games perfectly fine, and some newer games on lower settings. I would however try to bump it up to an 8600 though.
 
Halofreak410,

I edited my post above


[-0MEGA-];1022368 said:
At least an 8800? An 8800 is still considered somewhat high end, theres no need to spend that much money on an 8800 if you have a very limited budget. The 8500GT can play older games perfectly fine, and some newer games on lower settings. I would however try to bump it up to an 8600 though.

He can get 8800GS for just $79.99 after MIR. It is not that expensive
 
Back
Top