Please help a beginner with a computer!

howie

New Member
I'm looking for a good gaming/home office machine. Would this computer be good enough to run games like Crysis or even Half-Life 2? I can get it for about $1,000. Is that a fair price?? I really don't know that much about computers so any advice would be appreciated. I've done some research and put these specs together, but I'd still like some reassurance/advice. Thanks!

Intel® Core™2 Q6600 Quad-Core (8MB L2 cache,2.4GHz,1066FSB)

Genuine Windows Vista® Home Premium w/ Digital Cable Support

4GB Dual Channel DDR2 SDRAM at 800MHz - 4 DIMMs

ATI Radeon HD3870 512MB GDDR4

640GB Serial ATA Hard Drive (7200RPM) w/DataBurst Cache

16X CD/DVD burner (DVD+/-RW) w/double layer write capability

Integrated 7.1 Channel Audio
 
Would this computer be good enough to run games like Crysis or even Half-Life 2?
I think you got those two mixed up... anyway, it WILL play HL2 easily with all setting maxed out, you will probably get a a bit of lag if you max out crysis but if you're willing to sacrifica a little bit of picture quality it will play Crysis fine. For a prebuilt, it seems like a very decent price.
 
Would this computer be good enough to run games like Crysis or even Half-Life 2?

lol, I like how you say Crysis or Even Half-life 2, just made me laugh. It'll run HL2 easily, and Crysis on Medium/Low.

For $1,000 you can build your own PC which will be far superior to that one. Building really isn't that hard to do and saves you all kinds of money.
 
It'll run crysis a hell of a lot higher than med-low, my system runs it on mid-low, and it's pretty slow these days...
 
lol, I like how you say Crysis or Even Half-life 2, just made me laugh. It'll run HL2 easily, and Crysis on Medium/Low.

For $1,000 you can build your own PC which will be far superior to that one. Building really isn't that hard to do and saves you all kinds of money.

You're right about 'doing it yourself,' but I'm not computer minded at all and building one would be very difficult for me.
 
putting together furniture is harder than putting together a pc, i think theres even a guide around here on this forum
 
Back
Top