Please help a computer dummy!!!!

kat2290

Hi, This is the first time I've used this site so please tell me if I've posted this in the wrong place.

Basically my problem is that whenever I have to upload something onto a website eg pictures onto my blog, when I click browse and it brings up My Pictures, all the folders I have ever created come up even if I have deleted them. They don't show up if I go to my pictures normally via my desktop, they are only there when I try to upload something onto the internet. There are no files inside the folders, it's just the folder itself.

I am just using my pictures as an example as all I ever upload is pictures, but I expect the same this would happen if I was trying to upload something from my documents.

Could you please tell me why it does this, and is there a way I can stop it happening?

Many many thanks!!

P.s forgot to say I'm using Windows 7

Last edited:

enothor

It's probably just your browser remembering you via cookies and what not. Delete cookies and clear your history and check again.

johnb35

Administrator
Staff member
The newest one is IE8. The easiest way to delete the cookies and other old temp files and such would be to download and run Ccleaner.

http://download.cnet.com/ccleaner/?tag=mncol

Set it for the checked options in the attached image except make sure cookies under internet explorer is checked as well.

Attachments

• ccleaner.JPG
    ccleaner.JPG
    76.3 KB · Views: 30