Hi,
I`m a idiot, i bought a new computer with 8 gigs of ram and a AMD Athlon 64 X2 6400+, 3.2GHz
and... Vista ultimate 32-bit
How can i get 64-bit ultimate? buy it?
Yeah, you can buy 64-bit.
talking bout torrents on here breaks the rules...
ok, thankswhats the difference between oem and retail?
retail is like the one you get in stores...with the fancy packging and such.
oem is disc with o/s on it and a product key,,no bulk,, and you wont see them in a store..
ok, but when you first buy a retail box, det serial can be used many times on different computer?
No, you buy 1 copy, per machine.
If you need to reformt your computer, you can call microsoft and they will de-activate and re-activate a new code for you.
If you need multiple copies, you can purchase licenses which will allow for a certain amount of uses.
Wild currency...kronos? right
Anyhow, I'd get the oem version dvd, 64-bit, with SP1
Kroner, 1 dollar is about 7 kroner
My dollars?
U.S. dollars?
Aussie Dollars?
U.S dollars, sorry
But when i get the Microsoft Windows Vista Ultimate dvd i need to delete everything and download all the drivers to my gear? right?
You will be doing a full reformat and fresh install.
Then you'll need any and all 64-bit drivers to run your stuff.
I recommend running the ms vista scanner to determine compatibility issues.
Thats nice, then i can buy the WD VelociRaptor 300GB and install it at the same time, thats the fastest one you can get on the market right?
where can i find the ms vista scanner?
I use several velociraptors, they are among the fastest in HDD.
The new SSD's by Intel, OCZ, and others are much faster--but the cost is high in relation to capacity. (Although the 80GB intel SSD can fully install vista in under 15 minutes)
..I apologize too...one important thing I forgot to mention and a main reason for price difference between oem and retail is the license with oem is non-transferable.
So whatever mobo/comp you put on first is where it is staying.
..Retail can be deactivated, reinstalled, and reused on same or different machine.
sorry I forgot that..
..look on ms site for vista 64 compatibility tool..