Please Help!!!! BSOD even after reformat!!!

jsquid526

-Both XP and Vista have BSOD

-Happens when cpu is active

-If it occurs it will show up again when reloading windows forever

-Computer was dropped onto concrete from 4 feet with some speed so physical damage may have occurred

-If anyone knows why this BSOD shows up I would appreciate it

Russian777

Hey there, I had to repair BSOD a couple of times, and all times the problem was a different thing, It could be either you need a new motherboard, new hard drive. So try that out and see it that cures the problem.

bomberboysk

Your cpu overclocked at all? Maybe your memory is going bad/loose from the drop, try reinserting them...or since it was dropped, hard drive possibly. Another thing to check would be your cpu cooler to make sure it hasnt come loose.

The_Other_One

VIP Member
With an error like that, I'm leaning towards your memory, motherboard, or (doubtfully) your CPU. Confirm all temps and voltages are within reasonable ranges and that all drivers are installed. Perhaps try newer/older drivers if possible... You may also care to try and remove some RAM and running the computer for a while.

CardboardSword

If it occurs regardless of your windows install, it is most definitely a hardware issue. You're going to have to go through the traditional hardware troubleshooting routine to isolate the problem.

Bob692006

After doing a bit of research I'd say your best route is to reboot your computer into Safe Mode, uninstall the Nvidia drivers from Add/Remove Programs, reboot, download the driver for your GPU straight from Nvidia's website, and reinstall them. Let us know how that goes and we'll go from there.