(PLEASE HELP) Can This Be Fixed???

Help101

I got this from a friend and i am trying to get it fixed,

He said that 2 white peices (One is shown on hand in pic) came off of the motherboard and when he tried to fix them he messed up the motherboard on those spots. One of the spots is worse than the other.

My question is: Is this fixable or is this scrap?

Thank you in advance for your help

Attachments

• Picture 074.jpg
    Picture 074.jpg
    88.9 KB · Views: 95
Last edited:

PohTayToez

Pretty hard to tell with how blurry the pictures are. What is this? Looks kinda like a PS3 motherboard.

Help101

Pretty hard to tell with how blurry the pictures are. What is this? Looks kinda like a PS3 motherboard.

yes it is not sure why the two came in so blurry, also couldnt find a edit anywhere.

The pics dnt appear that close in the ones i am uploading.

I will attach again

PohTayToez

So was he using a heatgun on it? It doesn't even look like he was hitting the right place. If that darker spot is burn mark then he got it way to hot and the components may have been destroyed, it probably won't matter if you can reattach them or not.

Help101

So was he using a heatgun on it? It doesn't even look like he was hitting the right place. If that darker spot is burn mark then he got it way to hot and the components may have been destroyed, it probably won't matter if you can reattach them or not.

He said soldering gun and solder, also said the left side used to look like the right side

the black spots is where the white peice came off and took off peice of the motherboard

Last edited:

kobaj

VIP Member
Motherboards are usually 4-6 layers thick. So you may be able to repair the surface traces, but if any traces inside the board are damaged, you're out of luck.

You can certainly try to fix it, depending on how good you are with a soldering iron. Alternatively there are items like soldering pens, like this, but I've tried them before and they're not very effective.

I would say your board is toast, but a better picture might say otherwise.

Help101

Motherboards are usually 4-6 layers thick. So you may be able to repair the surface traces, but if any traces inside the board are damaged, you're out of luck.

You can certainly try to fix it, depending on how good you are with a soldering iron. Alternatively there are items like soldering pens, like this, but I've tried them before and they're not very effective.

I would say your board is toast, but a better picture might say otherwise.

for some reason it wont let me upload another pic, i go through the steps but it doesnt show up as an attachment