Please Help, Computer Problem

WildOne36

One day I changed the properties on one of my files. (Don't know what one) and now whenever I download something of that file. It has the google logo. I can open it but it will say Page is not found (Obviously) and the directory as it were in the bar at the top of documents but in Google. Please help because I don't know what file it is but I need to change it to default.

johnb35

Administrator
Staff member
What exactly is this file? if its a google icon then its most likely the chrome browser. Would need to know what this file was originally so we can tell you how to change default program back to the way it was.

WildOne36

Tyep default programs in search under the Windows Orb and you can change .exe from RAR to exe.
If I click change program it says Keep using Chrome, Internet Explorer, Itunes, Microsoft Office, Word, movie maker, Notepad, Paint Photogallery and some others. Would I look for another app on pc, what app?

johnb35

Administrator
Staff member
Look in your installed program list to see if you have a rar program installed. Could be 7zip, winzip, winrar or many others. Then you would have to set that program to open rar files.