Please help - Computer Recommendations

Richard888

I would greatly appreciate it if you can help me decide which computer to buy.

I know the question "which computer should i buy" completely depends on a person's situation, but this is the issue I am facing. I feel inundated with all the choices.

About 6 months ago I started programming for fun, and now I love it, but I am still very much a novice. I am also doing my best to learn about hardware. I am not doing any super-intensive programming (like creating video games) and I am not much of a gamer myself.

My life situation: most of the time I work on a computer from home, but my back can get sore after a while so I like to change where I am sitting every now and then. For 2 months out of the year (1 month in the winter and 1 month in the summer) I am travelling. So, I am leaning towards getting a laptop and connecting it to a external keyboard, mouse and monitor.

From what I can tell, one of the smartest things to get is an SSD. I think I probably should get 8 RAM. I would like to get something with a solid warranty so I don't have to worry about it breaking down for good within a couple years. I can handle saving most of my files on an external hard drive or the cloud. I would ideally like to spend not much more than $1000.

Would a gaming computer be a good choice? Or is that just overkill.

Any recommendations would be really appreciated because I really feel overwhelmed by all the choices.

ANNR

any task can seem overwhelming at first but if you just look at any major brand laptops with current I5 or I7 processor will do fine.

My laptop has a Gen 7 I5 processor and its working great.

The problem is I don't do programing. If its just writing codes and stuff I think any decent laptop will do.

We will need more clear information on what you do with the laptop.