please help dont know what else to do

solo0071

I have a radeon 9800 pro graphics card and everytime i play far cry or city of heroes or the demo of prince of persia abd alot of other games i get alot of weird looking block lines that move when i move and sometimes theres solid walls that you cant see through but after you walk through them you can see on the other side.
I tried upgrading driver but dosnt seem to help.Any other ideas?

Dsk954

I had a friend that had a radeon 9000 and he used to get wierd textures in BF1942 (ie. a block of the ground was missing) and I think he just waited until ATI fixed the problems w/ their drivers. I would suggest emailing ATI and seeing if it is a known problem, if it is than maybe you just have to wait it out?

Praetor

Administrator
Staff member
if it is than maybe you just have to wait it out?
I would hope not (although its possible), FarCry has been around long enough ... ATi *should* have gotten their act together for compatability issues there (might be worth looking into bugfixes for FarCry?)

4W4K3

VIP Member
solo0071 said:
why is direct x 9.0c so tuff to get?

tough to get? i have it on all 3 of my working computers, it's not tough to get.
i think he meant your situation was a tough one...

Praetor

Administrator
Staff member
why is direct x 9.0c so tuff to get?
If you mean the download, it isnt hard to get ... goto Microsoft.com and grab it ... its free. if you mean hardware support for it ... thats because DirectX9 capable hardware tends to be expensive.

SlothX311

Sorry solo, I didn't mean to sound cocky. What I meant was that all i could think of is to upgrade your version of direct x. I did it once and it fixed a sort of similar problem. :)