Please help fast Geforce 9800GTX+

lavrentis

Im just glad i may be able to run it slightly better now than before. Im loving the frame rates in all the other games!!

mep916

Administrator
Staff member
Im just glad i may be able to run it slightly better now than before. Im loving the frame rates in all the other games!!

It's good video card. I had one for a couple weeks. Didn't play any games on it tho... :eek:

lavrentis

Alright..

I just need a bit of advice. I went to overclock this and I was wondering whether this is safe and is it a good overclock as I am new to this...

overclock.gif

(Default clock is what it was before and GPU clock is what I overclocked it too)

My temperatures when it is idle is about 40 degrees and when it is playing games is about 50-55 when overclocked

Is this to high?

Cheers

lovely?

realistically, those PSU's say that they have the power, but they have neither their reported power or any kind of reliability. most unknown/second rate brands made power supplies that go bad very quickly. if i were you i would pick up a power supply only made by

OCZ
PC Power and Cooling
Corsair
Rosewill (cheap but they work)
Antec
cooler Master

any quality power supply at 450W obo would power your computer just fine.

Okedokey

Some of the PSUs suggested so far are insufficient.

Hi again

last time I bring up this thread I promise lol

Now I have some cash I am looking to invest in this..

http://www.aone.co.uk/ProdInfo.ASP?ProductID=660

My calculations say this will give me 40 amps? Can some reassure me please?

Minus the CPU you will only have 16A (at max) so lets say 15A (running at almost 100%), to power a graphics card that requires up to 11.6A just by itself. That means if you want to run anything else on the 12V rail, it must be under 36W. Thats at 100%. That PSU will fail.

The same goes with the rest as these psus do not have EPS certification, meaning that under ATX design standards, 12V2 is dedicated to the CPU. Thats the first 16A on the 12V rail. That leaves 16A for everything else, mind you at 100% = poor efficiency, heat, expensive and shutdown (and associated damage).

You need a minimum 12V rail of 26A on a quality EPS 2.91 certified, 80% efficiency on a strong single rail. Go for one with 5 years warranty. Do this or risk losing much more than your graphics card.

Cheap PSUs are false economics.

Last edited: