Please help , I just dont get what happened , internet , reformat

marinerules

First I reformatted my laptop and my desktop with no problems, internet worked fine afterwards,. no problems,

I have a friend at work who had one of their clients really mess up their compuer, you couldnt even get it on to do anything .

well , we took the same xp disc that I had , and reinstalled it and put it on the same partion as the one that already had windows on it , whiich said it would replace everything

now she has windows, but it wont let us change the background size,

its set on 640 by somethign instead of 800 x 600

also there are no networks already in the network connections , where as on my laptop and my desktop , there was after I reformated

I even brought home her computer and redid it all again and hooked up[ her computer to out internet and I still couldnt get anything

anyone have any susggestions

NCIS330

I just reformated mine and reinstalled windows and now I installed the drivers but I can't get my ethernet to show up.

marinerules

yeah its the ethernet ,

i dotn understand why on both of my computer I had no problem

but when I did her computer, the ethernet computer sin network connections arent even there

First I reformatted my laptop and my desktop with no problems, internet worked fine afterwards,. no problems,

I have a friend at work who had one of their clients really mess up their compuer, you couldnt even get it on to do anything .

well , we took the same xp disc that I had , and reinstalled it and put it on the same partion as the one that already had windows on it , whiich said it would replace everything

also there are no networks already in the network connections , where as on my laptop and my desktop , there was after I reformated

I even brought home her computer and redid it all again and hooked up[ her computer to out internet and I still couldnt get anything

Wipe the hard drive with Darik's Boot and Nuke, then install Windows

StrangleHold

Staff member

You just need to install all the drivers

StrangleHold

Staff member
yeah its the ethernet ,

i dotn understand why on both of my computer I had no problem

but when I did her computer, the ethernet computer sin network connections arent even there

Because windows probably had generic drivers for the other one and not your sisters, you still need to update the drivers on the one that worked too.

StrangleHold

Staff member
What ever model they are you go there site and download there latest drivers. The one thats working just has the drivers that windows cd had on it and there probably been updated quite a few times since then

marinerules

how do i find th emodel

what driver exactly am I looking for , I can find it if I know what to get

is it called a internet driver or what lol

kuzo

If your using an ethernet cable to hook up your modem to your pc. And if you have windows xp, it should automatically recognise the connection. If your modem is connected to your pc by USB then your going to need to reinstall the drivers with the cd that came with your modem from your ISP.

Also, If your using an ethernet cable. And you have windows xp. Have everything connected properly, shut off your computer and power cycle the modem. All you need to do is unplug the power from the modem, wait about 10 seconds and then plug it back in. Turn on the computer and windows should recognise the internet connection without any problems.

Hope this helps.

oscaryu1

VIP Member
Go to your computer mnufacturer website, and go to download drivers, enter your computer type (for example compaq presario "V6000")... and it should come up with a bunch of results..

marinerules

ok

`ok , yeah we have done the power cycle on the modem , I know all about hta , but it doesnt work

she knows that its a dell , is that all I need to know to download the drivers , ?

or do I need to go somewhere in her computer and get a more specific model?

Please lend me all your help becuase I need to get her computer fixed, its her work computer lol

also how do I update my drivers

What I dont understand is if my windows cd had drivers on it and they are the ones that got put on my computer, why they didnt get put on her computer, when I used teh same cd on both

sorry , im not computer illeteriate but im not up to par on drivers

marinerules

ok thanks

so what do I do just save the drivers for that computer to a data disc and then just run them on her computer ?

is this the reason also on her computer that it wont let me change the desktop settigns , such as how large it is 800x 600 ect.

PohTayToez

ok thanks

so what do I do just save the drivers for that computer to a data disc and then just run them on her computer ?

is this the reason also on her computer that it wont let me change the desktop settigns , such as how large it is 800x 600 ect.

Yeah, that's all you have to do. And the reason you can't change the resolution/color quality is that it doesn't have the proper graphics drivers installed.

marinerules

ok guys thats for helping

I know how frustrating it can get when probably others have asked the same t hings , but i have limited time on my hands

this is an awesome forum for fast information

THANKS AGAIN

Kirtis