please help me finalize my first diy desktop.

xunsungwar

Hi guys.. this is my first time building my own gaming desktop for the new marvelheroes game(fps). Below is a list of what I am going to install but I am not sure if they are compatible with each other. Need opinions before I start gathering those components.

motherboard -asus rog rampage iv black edition. *was being told that this is the best gaming asus board*

Processor- intel i7 4930k *intel 4960x is the best but its 2x the price of 4930k for slight improvement. Which is not worth the money*

Ram- G skill Trident X mode: f3-1600c7d 16gtx 16gb (2x8gb) (ddr3 1600) (timing 7,8,8,24) (cas latency 7)
volt 1.5v *for this ram I was being told that anything above ddr3 1600 is going to slow down my pc. Don mind spending more if proven better*

Graphics card- Asus Nvidia GTX780 Ti *may install 2 if needed*

SSD- Samsung 840Pro 256gb *not sure to go with samsung pro or evo actually. Wanted the fastest reading speed version*

Cpu heatsink fan - cooler master seidon 120v plus *blue led lights. Wanted white led lights actually*

power supply- king win ABT-1220Ma1s 1220w *not sure how much i need and assuming that 1220w wont go wrong. Choose kingwin for its led lights but its blue. Is there any good brand power supply with white led?*

Case- cooler master Storm stryker White Full Tower Gaming Computer Case with Handle and External 2.5" Drive Dock. *this is my biggest concern. Will all my components all fit into this case?*

Let me know if I am missing anything. Tyvm

Last edited:

jordy0100

everything seems fine here. You may want to get a psu from a more reputable manufacturer. but some guy from some forum somewhere said that king wins are made by superflower, who are fine. Just get a a warranty. best of luck

xunsungwar

everything seems fine here. You may want to get a psu from a more reputable manufacturer. but some guy from some forum somewhere said that king wins are made by superflower, who are fine. Just get a a warranty. best of luck

Serious? No problem? Lol.. I expect some mistake here. Btw do u think all this can fit into my case?

johnb35

Administrator
Staff member
To be honest, you should have just created one thread for everything in the desktop computers instead of asking for help for each individual part in a computer. That way everything would have been in one place and everyone would know what you were getting as far as other parts go. You've made this difficult on others and on yourself for making so many threads.

You only need about a 1000 watt psu to run 2 780ti's in SLI proof here.

http://www.realhardtechx.com/index_archivos/Page362.htm

Your getting a full tower case, there will be plenty of room for everything.

What kind of games do you plan on playing? A lot of people say they want the highest gaming rig out there but they will never use the full potential of their system so why waste money? And yes I may be asking you a question that has already been asked but you've made so many that I'm not gonna go read each and every one.

xunsungwar

To be honest, you should have just created one thread for everything in the desktop computers instead of asking for help for each individual part in a computer. That way everything would have been in one place and everyone would know what you were getting as far as other parts go. You've made this difficult on others and on yourself for making so many threads.

You only need about a 1000 watt psu to run 2 780ti's in SLI proof here.

http://www.realhardtechx.com/index_archivos/Page362.htm

Your getting a full tower case, there will be plenty of room for everything.

What kind of games do you plan on playing? A lot of people say they want the highest gaming rig out there but they will never use the full potential of their system so why waste money? And yes I may be asking you a question that has already been asked but you've made so many that I'm not gonna go read each and every one.

Marvelheroes.com fps game. Need super high fps to run full quality mode.

xunsungwar

You are way overthinking things. You don't need to spend all that money to play this game.

Go Z97 on an Intel socket 1150 motherboard.

Gigabyte Z97x-UD5H - http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16813128707

4790K cpu - http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16813128707

Get an aftermarket cooler of course.

GTX 780 should be more than enough.

Only for motherboard I want the latest most expansive one. Other then motherboard I am ok will mid tier. So z97 is the latest and best version. I hope u guys can understand. I just don want to regret later on.

johnb35

Administrator
Staff member
You don't need that motherboard to play that specific game. Spending unneeded money in my opinion. The motherboard isn't what determines what games you can play.

Processor
Video Card
System Memory

Those are the things that determine what you can do and not do with your system. You could play that game on a $80 or cheaper motherboard with no issues.

xunsungwar

You don't need that motherboard to play that specific game. Spending unneeded money in my opinion. The motherboard isn't what determines what games you can play.

Processor
Video Card
System Memory

Those are the things that determine what you can do and not do with your system. You could play that game on a $80 or cheaper motherboard with no issues.

Then why does motherboard has different prices? I am not trying to question your knowledge. Just out of curiosity.

Okedokey

Ok.
First of all, great motherboard.. Getting the Asus rog rampage iv black edition will ensure that your system is future proof ; in that years from now you will still be able to upgrade other parts without changing your motherboard.
As for the Processor, the intel i7 4930k is more than fine as will run just about any game on max once your system has a decent graphics card and RAM which I will get to further down in my explanation.

As for the graphics card,one Asus Nvidia ASUS Graphics Cards GTX780TI-DC2OC-3GD5 will be great- you don't have to get two.
As for the SSD Drive, the Samsung 840Pro 256gb is a great choice and yest it is faster than the EVO by far.

Now, your RAM is great, and so is your heat sink as well as your case. I however don't recommend that powersupply brand though. I recommend that you look into getting a PSU from one of the reputable brands such as cooler master, Corsair, EVGA etc... And, just to let you know, you don't need to get even a 1000 GB Watts Power Supply for this system as even a 750 watts would be great. I recommend that you get the Corsair HX Professional Series 750-Watt 80 Plus Certified Power Supply.
And yes- your motherboard can hold in that Case you have there and so do all the other parts... Once the motherboard and PSU fits, ususally, all other parts fit. Your system is fine.

The game you want to run which is Marvel Hero, recommend system requirements to run this game good are :
Core 2 Duo E7500 2.93GHz
Phenom II X2 560 Black Edition
GeForce GTX 260
Radeon HD 4850
GD GPU
4 GB GD RAM
Win 7 64
DX 9
10 GB

Those specs when compared to your system built that you have above, are really baby--- Your computer will max out that game easily as well as it will max out other modern graphic intensive games.
Enjoy gaming.

Reguards
The Technician

The 2011 socket will no longer be updated.

A 4930K will not be slowed down by any games.

A single 780Ti will not provide suffcient FPS at some games and resolutions. SLI is useful in these cases.

The 840EVO has almost exactly the same speed as the 840Pro.

If he gets 780TI in SLI, a 1kW PSU is minimum. Not sure what you mean by 1000GB W PSU>???

xunsungwar

Ok.
First of all, great motherboard.. Getting the Asus rog rampage iv black edition will ensure that your system is future proof ; in that years from now you will still be able to upgrade other parts without changing your motherboard.
As for the Processor, the intel i7 4930k is more than fine as will run just about any game on max once your system has a decent graphics card and RAM which I will get to further down in my explanation.

As for the graphics card,one Asus Nvidia ASUS Graphics Cards GTX780TI-DC2OC-3GD5 will be great- you don't have to get two.
As for the SSD Drive, the Samsung 840Pro 256gb is a great choice and yest it is faster than the EVO by far.

Now, your RAM is great, and so is your heat sink as well as your case. I however don't recommend that powersupply brand though. I recommend that you look into getting a PSU from one of the reputable brands such as cooler master, Corsair, EVGA etc... And, just to let you know, you don't need to get even a 1000 GB Watts Power Supply for this system as even a 750 watts would be great. I recommend that you get the Corsair HX Professional Series 750-Watt 80 Plus Certified Power Supply.
And yes- your motherboard can hold in that Case you have there and so do all the other parts... Once the motherboard and PSU fits, ususally, all other parts fit. Your system is fine.

The game you want to run which is Marvel Hero, recommend system requirements to run this game good are :
Core 2 Duo E7500 2.93GHz
Phenom II X2 560 Black Edition
GeForce GTX 260
Radeon HD 4850
GD GPU
4 GB GD RAM
Win 7 64
DX 9
10 GB

Those specs when compared to your system built that you have above, are really baby--- Your computer will max out that game easily as well as it will max out other modern graphic intensive games.
Enjoy gaming.

Reguards
The Technician

Nice... in see u really put in time and effort tp reply my question. Tyvm

xunsungwar

The 2011 socket will no longer be updated.

A 4930K will not be slowed down by any games.

A single 780Ti will not provide suffcient FPS at some games and resolutions. SLI is useful in these cases.

The 840EVO has almost exactly the same speed as the 840Pro.

If he gets 780TI in SLI, a 1kW PSU is minimum. Not sure what you mean by 1000GB W PSU>???

Hi. Then what chipset is the best? Like still be use for future upgrade. And btw whats sli?