Please help me finish building my PC.

Wilddog

Hi there, so I have been building a rather budget gaming PC. In order to do this, I got the motherboard and CPU of a lenovo thinkcentre M91P. I have been installing it into its new case along with the new GPU PSU HDDs etc. However, I am really struggling to connect those tiny cables labled 'Power LED +' 'Power LED -' 'Reset SWCH' and 'Power SWCH'. I can't for the life of me figure out the order they are meant to go in. I have searched for the mobo manual and I cannot find where it reveals what input sockets are for each of these connectors. Thanks for reading, and thanks in advance if you can help here.

Calin

Can you please post a picture of the motherboard? The place they go in is usually in the bottom right of the board.

Calin

Most motherboards have some text under the place they go in telling you what's what. this doesn't sadly. try shorting the pins with a screwdriver until you find out what's the power switch.

Wilddog

Most motherboards have some text under the place they go in telling you what's what. this doesn't sadly. try shorting the pins with a screwdriver until you find out what's the power switch.
Sorry could you explain the solution you say there. I am no good at these little connectors.

Calin

Sorry could you explain the solution you say there. I am no good at these little connectors.
If the PSU is on and it is connected to the motherboard, if you touch the 2 pins where the Power Switch cable goes in with a screwdriver, the system will turn on. You can start touching them until the system turns on. The 2 pins you touched when the system turned on is the power switch

johnb35

Administrator
Staff member
It is always best to not use an oem motherboard in a retail case for this specific reason. There should be a model number somewhere on the board. Then Google search front panel connectors for that model motherboard.

ramirez

untitled914.png

Try this

Wilddog

Thanks for these responses. Still no luck really. The fans and disc drive seem to power on simply when I switch the PSU on, ie before I have even pressed the on button. Regardless, the on button still wont work.

mistersprinkles

14850999830401949259288-jpg.7911

U needz cable management. Also the right angled end of a SATA cable connect to the motherboard should not. You want that end on the drive.

As far as the pin layout, you will need to

A)screw around and figure it out

or

B)contact the OEM of the motherboard (Lenovo) and ask for help. I doubt they will help you hodge podge their board into a new machine but you never know.