kaloszmen21

Specs:
Operating System
Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit SP1
CPU
Intel Core i5 4590 @ 3.30GHz 55 °C
Haswell 22nm Technology
RAM
8,00GB Single-Channel DDR3 @ 399MHz (6-6-6-18)
Motherboard
ASUSTeK COMPUTER INC. Z97M-PLUS (SOCKET 1150) 38 °C
Graphics
PLX2380H (1920x1080@60Hz)
4095MB NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1070 (Gigabyte) 49 °C
Storage
931GB Seagate ST1000DM 003-1ER162 SCSI Disk Device (SATA) 35 °C
Optical Drives
ELBY CLONEDRIVE SCSI CdRom Device
TSSTcorp CDDVDW SH-224DB SCSI CdRom Device
Audio
Razer Surround Audio Controller

Im getting low fps in almost any game with a gtx 1070. That sick !
Average fps in the rise of tomb raider is 30 ! on low settings !
Just tell me what i need to replace.
(Sorry about my broken english)
PLEASE!

C4C

With a i5-4590 + GTX 1070 you should be seeing better performance than that.

Have you updated all drivers?

_Glitch

Damn, that RAM spec. XD
It's properly not the RAM itself that sucks so hard, but the BIOS has properly set the clocks and timings like that for whatever reason.
Go to the BIOS and fix it. You will properly have to increase the Timings aswell.
6-6-6-18 is very fast, and can only be accomplished because of the low clock speed. Try, 9-9-9-27 1600mhz as a start.

kaloszmen21

Damn, that RAM spec. XD
It's properly not the RAM itself that sucks so hard, but the BIOS has properly set the clocks and timings like that for whatever reason.
Go to the BIOS and fix it. You will properly have to increase the Timings aswell.
6-6-6-18 is very fast, and can only be accomplished because of the low clock speed. Try, 9-9-9-27 1600mhz as a start.
I will try this. thanks for advice.

beers

Staff member
What specific RAM kit do you have? DDR3 @ 800 is super low, even at CL9 you'll get better performance at 1600.

And yes 55C at idle is indicative of a cooling issue, even on the stock cooler it should be much lower. I'd dust out the heatsink and ensure the fan is still spinning. Usually with those high idles you'll get super high load temperatures where the CPU throttles down its performance so it doesn't overheat. You also might want to reapply thermal paste between the CPU and heatsink.

kaloszmen21

What specific RAM kit do you have? DDR3 @ 800 is super low, even at CL9 you'll get better performance at 1600.

And yes 55C at idle is indicative of a cooling issue, even on the stock cooler it should be much lower. I'd dust out the heatsink and ensure the fan is still spinning. Usually with those high idles you'll get super high load temperatures where the CPU throttles down its performance so it doesn't overheat. You also might want to reapply thermal paste between the CPU and heatsink.

Yea i need some better cooling system and thermal paste thanks for advice

kaloszmen21

And i managed to boost my ram speed now it:
RAM
8,00GB Single-Channel DDR3 @ 686MHz (10-10-10-28)

But i know i can do even better because in bios it says that my ram have 1300mhz but i dont know how to boost it more.

Deadpool

Yeah the termal paste is probably the problem. That used to happen to me on an old PC. I´d get 60C idle. You really don´t need a better cooler, maybe fix what´s broken with the one you have. No cooling system should have those temps. Try the thermal paste.

_Glitch

And i managed to boost my ram speed now it:
RAM
8,00GB Single-Channel DDR3 @ 686MHz (10-10-10-28)

But i know i can do even better because in bios it says that my ram have 1300mhz but i dont know how to boost it more.

Try setting the AI Tuner at XMP and then increase the Dram Frequency

And about the cooling. Check if there are dust in between the heat spreader fins. That can have a pretty large impact on cooling performance.
And if you are going to buy some new thermal paste, get something good. It's not that expensive.
I use Arctic Silver 5

Last edited:

mistersprinkles

What software are you using to check temperatures? Are you certain the system is not under load when you check them?

First few things I would try:

Buy a tube of thermal paste and some rubbing alcohol and re-mount your CPU cooler. Watch a youtube vid on how to remove thermal paste and one on how to apply it then watch one on how to mount your particular cooler

go into your bios, find the option to restore bios defaults, restore them. Then go into Ai tuner and find the Memory/RAM XMP section. Set to XMP1. Save changes, restart machine.

BTW are you somewhere incredibly hot like India?