Please help, no audio devices detected

Shlouski

VIP Member
My windows 7 computer (sig) BSOD and now I have no sound devices. All my audio devices are showing code 39 in device manager and when I try to reinstall the drivers, its says they are already up to date. I have tried uninstalling my drivers and reinstalling, but nothing works and the software fails to load. The sound has fail on my graphics card, my pci sound card, onboard sound card, usb headset and my webcam. I don't understand why so many different devices are effected. Please help.

johnb35

Administrator
Staff member
Uninstall through device manager and then reboot the pc and let windows reinstall the devices and see what happens.

Shlouski

VIP Member
Windows isn't trying to reinstall the devices, its not doing anything.

Qcy1MT8.png

Last edited:

johnb35

Administrator
Staff member
Looks like drivers are installed, just not working properly. A few things you can do.

1. System restore to a day before issues came about
2. If #1 don't work then you might want to try reinstalling windows.

Did anything happen at home recently like a power outage or anything?

Shlouski

VIP Member
No I haven't had any power problems, but I guess I will be lazy and just upgrade to windows 8. At least it makes me do a bit of data tidying and reorganizing, thanks for the help john.

johnb35

Administrator
Staff member
I would try reinstalling first to make sure nothing is wrong with the motherboard before you upgrade. Would hate for you to upgrade and have the same issue.