Please Help "Reboot and select proper boot device, or insert boot media is selected boot device and

Jenn Clayton

Hello, Hope you can help, I’m trying to build my computer again after my hard drive broke on me. Instead of paying £200.00 for my local shop to get it up and running again I decided to get myself a SSD disk and follow YouTube tutorials on how to input it and remove my broken hard drive, but now I am receiving this error when booting my computer up saying “Reboot and select proper boot device, or insert boot media is selected boot device and press any key” and I’ve had a look online on YouTube, and asked my friends on Facebook but it’s too much jargon that is just complicated to me. The only thing I have they idea because my new SSD disk doesn’t have windows attached, so I’m led to believe this is why I am getting this message.

So if anyone could advise me if I only need to get a windows 10 disk and reboot the computer with the disk in it should load as normal after installing windows 10.

Thank you very much for taking the time and reading my question! I hope any of you can help as I’m trying to do this on a budget but wanting to use my computer again as I haven’t been able to for 6 months as I’ve been waiting for ages to be able t afford the SSD.

Thanks, Jenn

johnb35

Administrator
Staff member
You need to go into the bios and set boot drive to cdrom so you can install windows. Or some pc's allow you to press like f12 at bootup to choose what device you want to boot to.