WIndows 10 Please help with download issue.

NLAlston

I am suffering a very frustrating issue with my laptop, and hope that someone might be able to help me.

My laptop is a Sony Vaio i7 unit, with 8-gigs of Ram, and 160gb of free space on its hard drive. I recently purchased a DAW (Propellerhead Reason 10), with free content which had to be downloaded, after activation of the software. The size of the largest package was 2.58gb, yet the download would not proceed past the 2.0gb point. It was no less than fifteen times (no exaggeration) that I tried to download that content and, at one of those times, i allowed the download process to sit for FOUR HOURS.

Neither Propellerhead, or Sweetwater (where it was purchased) could help me with this matter. They just didn't know WHAT was going on, and suggested that I disable anti-virus and firewall. That was after my ninth attempt and, after disabling those two utilities, I tried for another six times. All to no avail. At about the same time, though, there began to appear an error message, at each startup of my laptop - and I wonder if this might have some bearing on what is happening. Following, is that error message:

RunDLL

Error in c:\windows\system32\logilda,dll
Missing entry: logifetch

Advanced thanks, for any - and all help in this matter.

johnb35

Administrator
Staff member
That file belongs to the logitech download assistant. Which means you must have a mouse, keyboard, or webcam from them. Would have nothing to do with downloading files. Can you try on a different pc to download the file? Or maybe reset your modem/router?

NLAlston

That file belongs to the logitech download assistant. Which means you must have a mouse, keyboard, or webcam from them. Would have nothing to do with downloading files. Can you try on a different pc to download the file? Or maybe reset your modem/router?

I am pretty much straight now, John. I had to download those files by a different manner, but I DID very them. But thank you, so much, for your input.