Please help with now hardware

msc

Please help with new hardware

Hi, just found this forum, and I have found a lot of good info.
So what I have is an old Pentium4 3GHz. Now I am feeling like I want a new computer. It’s been a wile. Will do a build my self. Have been looking at parts at newegg. My problem is that I am not up with all the new components. This computer will be mostly for the web e-mail netflex and photo editing. As of now I don’t play any games, but I think I would like to try a few out. Any one know a good game for a beginner?
This is what I am thinking about
Cooler Master Storm Scout computer case
Cooler Master RS700-PCAAE3-US 700W ATX 12V v2.3
Intel core i5-2500K Sandy Bridge 3.3GHz
ASUS P8H67-M LE LGA
LG ELECTRONICS GH22NS50B DVD Burner
Corsair XMS3 4GB (2x2GB)
EVGA 01G-P3-1465-AR GeForce GTX 465
WD Caviar blue WD6400AAKS 640GB 7200
16MB Cache SATA 3.0 GB
Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit
For a total of $941.00
I realize the hard drive is small. But I am thinking it will work to get things set up. Then when the money tree fills back in, I can get a bigger hard drive. Then use the 640GB for storage.
Dose this sound like everything will play well together?
Thank you, Mark

Last edited:

fastdude

If you not overclock, then don't get the "K" edition, if you are going to then have a look at this and get P8P67-M/Pro/LE, P67 supports Overclocking

gamerwithoutrig

Hi, just found this forum, and I have found a lot of good info.
So what I have is an old Pentium4 3GHz. Now I am feeling like I want a new computer. It’s been a wile. Will do a build my self. Have been looking at parts at newegg. My problem is that I am not up with all the new components. This computer will be mostly for the web e-mail netflex and photo editing. As of now I don’t play any games, but I think I would like to try a few out. Any one know a good game for a beginner?
This is what I am thinking about
Cooler Master Storm Scout computer case
Cooler Master RS700-PCAAE3-US 700W ATX 12V v2.3
Intel core i5-2500K Sandy Bridge 3.3GHz
ASUS P8H67-M LE LGA
LG ELECTRONICS GH22NS50B DVD Burner
Corsair XMS3 4GB (2x2GB)
EVGA 01G-P3-1465-AR GeForce GTX 465
WD Caviar blue WD6400AAKS 640GB 7200
16MB Cache SATA 3.0 GB
Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit
For a total of $941.00
I realize the hard drive is small. But I am thinking it will work to get things set up. Then when the money tree fills back in, I can get a bigger hard drive. Then use the 640GB for storage.
Dose this sound like everything will play well together?
Thank you, Mark

Get a GTX 560 instead ;)
And change the WD Caviar blue to SpinPoint F3 1TB :)

msc

Thank you to every one for the replies. I have only used W/D drives so that is why I was going with it. I will look at the samsung F3. What is a good P/S? I well go with all the memory money allows.
Do agree that the P8P67 is a better M/B, but it is also 2 1/2 times the money. Need to keep this under $1000.Or I will not get dinner for a long time.
If anyone can think of a better setup and keep it under a $1000. I’m listening.
Mark