Please help with virus!

abcdefg1234567

Ok I believe my computer has a virus, although I'm not really good in working with computers.
It started a few days ago when my computer's internet couldn't open anymore. So i started using mozilla firefox.

I also realized that my avast antivirus wouldn't work (it has a warning symbol, and nothing happens when i press fix now) So now it doesn't work anymore.

Also, whenever i try to shut it off, a bunch of "this program ___ has stopped working, end now" or something like that appeared. And afterwards it just doesn't shut off but it's stuck on "saving your settings" mode (once it stayed like that for like 5h overnight)
And sometimes when i start my computer, i only get the wallpaper with no icons, (I can still use task mngr) so i have to go push the power button manually and shut it off, then start it again -then my icons appear.

Also, I can't seem to access add/remove programs, and my documents/mozilla seem to go "not responding" a lot. And many times I get this message on firefox:
A script on this page may be busy, or it may have stopped responding. You can stop the script now, or you can continue to see if the script will complete.
Script: https://secure.shared.live.com/_D/F$Live.SiteContent.Messenger/4.2.57151/release/Microsoft.Live.Core.LocalStorage.FF.js:39

I have no idea what's going on...I tried to download avira, but i can't open the file to install it...

Could someone help? Thanks!

DarkenCypher

Restart your computer and while it is booting up hit f8 multple times until a screen with words that say safe mode, safe mode with networking, etc pop up and got to safe mode with networking.......it will boot into windows then go on the internet and download malwarebytes and do a full scan.

johnb35

Administrator
Staff member
Not sure if this is malware/virus issue or not. But try doing a system restore back to a day prior to your system not working right and see it works correctly.

abcdefg1234567

hey, i'm on safemode now (typing from laptop), but i don't have internet for some reason. LUCKILY i already had malwarebytes/avast on my computer (I just couldn't use them for somee reason).

So now i'm scanning my pc in safe mode. Also, i'm looking through my avast log, and i just remembered that about a month ago, i put this file into my virus chest because avast detected it as a virus: A0184537.exe
and the folder in which it's found is
C:\System Volume Information \_restore{106CF321-99A3-4E3A-9103-1BD027606A99}\RP959

So maybe this might've caused something to mess up, since i messed around with something in my C drive....Good thing i didn' delete it though - it's still in my virus chest for avast, and i can restore it. Should I do that?

Also i've got 15 infected objects right now from malwarebytes. I'm thinking that these might've appeared from 1) using the internet for a while with not working avast (I just hadn't noticed before that it wasn't working) 2) malware from putting that file into the virus chest??

I'm not sure....thanks for the help!

abcdefg1234567

K here's the malwayre bytes results:
I got a bunch of Trojan.Agent's and Trojan Cynmus's, and some adware/spyware...(15 things in total)

Almost all of them are HKEY_LOCAL or HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT or HKEY_CURRENT_USER at the beginning. However, since I have no knowledge of what exactly these are...i don't wanna just randomly delete eeryhing....

Any suggestions? I can go copy/paste the full names of the 'infected" files if you want...

Gray

Not sure if this is malware/virus issue or not. But try doing a system restore back to a day prior to your system not working right and see it works correctly.

In reference to the post directly above mine, I suggest you try this if you haven't. I recently ran into a similar issue testing some flash drives, instead of immediately diagnosing it as virus of any sort you should try doing the system restore feature back to whenever convenient for you. The files could be corrupt.

The quickest way to do this is to simply type "system restore" into your search function under the start menu and go from there, good luck.

abcdefg1234567

what exactly does system restore do? Will it delete all my files (aka like reset?) Or does the computer actually remember exactly what it was like, say, 3 weeks ago. In that case, will all my files (ie. word documents, pics, etc) return to the way they were 3 weeks ago?

Gray

Your system creates save points to which you can restore to, yes things accumulated between then and now may be lost if they were not saved into the restore point, so you may want to go back incrementally. Or, if you have files that are brand new and you would like to keep safe, simply throw them on a flash drive, a hard drive, anything you'd like. You could even email them to yourself in attachments. If the problem is minor, it will dissipate with whatever brought it upon you.