(Please I want to save my phone!) How to continue installing microsoft visual c++ 2008

ifelyf

Hey, I don't know if this belongs in another category, since I don't know that much about computers (more than average but still).

So I tried to install microsoft visual c++ 2008 (because I tried to install smart switch pc, because I messed up my phone, because I tried to root it, and I couldn't install smart switch so I looked for a solution and they said to download microsoft visual c++)

At some point near the end of the installation, it looked like it was not progressing anymore for a long while so I tried to stop it and try again (it frose so I closed it using ctrl, alt, del, but now it won't let me start another installation or uninstalling it because there's an installation ongoing

Cromewell

Administrator
Staff member
Make sure you have no msiexecs running. If there are none look for the following registry key: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Installer\InProgress

When you kill an install sometimes it can get stuck. You can safely delete it if the installer is not running.