Please stop me from throwing my PC out the window!

Incomel

Just recently I have been having major problems just opening web pages or windows/programs (i.e. Windows media player, windows explorer, control panel etc.). Sometimes it takes 30 seconds to a minute just to close a web page. About three weeks ago I upgraded my Rdram from 512 to 1GB and everything seemed to be working fine. But now everything is just getting slower and slower. If you have any suggestions please help. Thanks.

Blue

<b>VIP Member</b>
you upgraded your ram from 512 to 1024mb and everything was fine after that instal? It just sounds like you've gotten yourself a dirty system. clean up all spyware and make sure you've got no virus's, defrag and then see how it is.

d_stevens3

if everything is slow then it could well be adware, try installing ad-aware from lavasoft if you have not done this already.

Fankango

it might not help but if you throw it out the window please flim it and post it up so we all can see. hope you wont have too.

Blue

<b>VIP Member</b>
I still stick with trying to clean it up first :). Does anyone really Fdisk anymore? I just stick in my windows xp cd and reformat and reinstal.

tonsofpcs

As I said, reformatting does not remove all errors/virii. I usually delete the partition, apply, create a new partition of a non-windows-accessable type [ext3], format, then change back to fat/ntfs and format to do a clean.

Verrona

Try deleting unnecessary files, i.e. loads of crap u dont need. uninstall any un used programs etc. Defrag ur C:, n also scan disk!! if all this dont work then.... format the fu*ker