PLS help broken 3.5mm audio out!!!

mako

Hello everybody,

I will just go straight up to what happen: I was listening to some music on my new pc (specs shown bellow) but then i moved my head to the left slightly bending the front 3.5 out... and then suddenly the audio was cut... I tried various headphones, speakers etc. but nothing worked, thou the 3.5 out on the back of the case works just fine...The headphones were working too. Can someone help me?
I will try to update this thread as much as i can...

Specs:
i7 6700k
gigabyte Z170 gaming K3 mobo
msi gtx 1060 gpu
16gb of hyperX ddr4 cl12 memory
samsung 850 evo 250gb ssd
wd blue 1tb hdd
Corsair carbide spec 03 red case
Windows 10 pro

I will welcome any advice!

mako

If the port on the front panel is bad now then all you really need is a new audio front panel such as this.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/3-5-2-USB-2...-Drive-Expansion-Front-Panel-QT-/161953703116

Will give you new audio and headphone jacks and also 2 more usb ports for the front. This is for a 3.5" drive bay. They also make 5.25" drive bay ones as well. Not sure what you would rather have.
thanks!

on monday I´m gonna take the front panel apart and do an update on what I´v done.

mistersprinkles

Sadly the included front panel connections on low end and mid tier... And even some enthusiast cases, are of low quality. I agree with the advice to buy a new front panel setup for your case. You can also get a y splitter and run everything off the back panel

mako

Update: so I opened the case and managed to get to the front panel... And this is what I noticed: no any visible damage! nothing at all... But as soon as i will get the "3.5mm in" (i don´t know how its really called) i will try to replace it. If that isnt gonna work then i´m probably gonna go crazy because that would blow my warranty. But If you are thinking:"oh then why you just didn´t get a new case, you had the warranty" and I´m not gonna reclaim the case because the warranty system in alza, a slovakian electronics shop. In there getting a refund can take up to a month and i really dont have the time to go to Bratislava (the city with the electronics shop) for a month. I noticed a lot of you were suggesting adding a secondary "drive bay" and if I will not be able to fix the jack itself i´m gonna add the 3.5" drive bay. Thanks for the support <3IMG_20160829_155931.jpg