PLS! Help me save YRS of files!!!

Birddog1548

OK, here it goes. I bought a pre-built computer from Best Buy about 3yrs ago. A Medion open box display for cheap. Since then i've been upgrading it. The 200 GB Seagate HDD it came with has been going bad. So I purchased a Maxtor 500 GB SATA II last week, and purchased a new copy of XP so I could run it as the boot drive, intending to keep the seagate w/ the info it had on it and use it as extra storage.

Well it's my 1st time messing w/ the operating system and such. While I know a decent bit what i'm doing, it was still a new process. So long, long story short, after spending hours trying to transfer my programs and setting internally, I decided to just repartition the new HDD and start over. But I was so tired (and had a couple of beers), that I accidently erased the partitions on my old Seagate HDD. So i'm running on the new Maxtor, have installed everything, downloaded all the drivers and such. But I haven't touched the Old drive since, it isn't recognized in MY Computer, but is listed on Installed Devices, as unpartioned (which is what it read when I reinstalled XP).

IS THERE ANY WAY AT ALL TO SAVE THOSE FILES??? The partition erasing happed in seconds, I can't imagine almost 150GB of info could be totally erased that fast.

I lost my sons first 2 yrs of pictures and video, almost 20GB of music, financial records, school papers, never mind all the gaming files! :eek: :mad:

PLEASE SOMEONE HELP!

Started out: Medion Composer 5200. Added 1 GB Ram, video card, 500 GB HDD, & PSU

Now:

P4 540
1.5 GB PC3200 Crucial Ballistix
Evga 6800 GS PCI-e
500 GB SATA II Maxtor
200 GB SATA 100 Seagate
MB: MS-7048A; 915G Chipset
PSU: 430W Thermaltake

Redbull{wings}

there are professional services that can recover the files but they do charge a hefty price, as far as self-recovery I have never researched it try googling it.