plugging stereo system to comp

kamasanin

hi,
i want to plug my stereo system to computer and i want the subwoofer to work!
do i need some special plugs or sound card?
the speakers and subwoofer are plugged to sys. itself and nothing more. (the stereo sys. is the only power source...)

salman

yeaahh...
i already knew that. but obviously there are only two cords one for r (right)
one for l (left) speaker.
i don't think the subwoofer would work that way because i already tried that.

You've already tried it?
Hmmm if its a stereo sound file you're trying to play it should work as your hifi should take the stereo signal and filter out the low frequencies and send them to the subwoofer.

Post a picture of your equipment or post the full model name so I can see what you have.

Do you have a surround audio card in your computer?
If your hifi allows it you might be able to take the LFE out from your sound card and connect it to your hifi, but its only really movies (and maybe games) that have a dedicated LFE audio track.

kamasanin

You've already tried it?
Hmmm if its a stereo sound file you're trying to play it should work as your hifi should take the stereo signal and filter out the low frequencies and send them to the subwoofer.

Post a picture of your equipment or post the full model name so I can see what you have.

Do you have a surround audio card in your computer?
If your hifi allows it you might be able to take the LFE out from your sound card and connect it to your hifi, but its only really movies (and maybe games) that have a dedicated LFE audio track.

i am trying to get it work for movies and games!
but i don't get anything from the subwoofer. maybe something doesn't work. that's why i asked if i need some special sound card.
anyway, "system information" says i have a realtek HD audio,
and hifi is marantz MX4000 micro combo

salman

i am trying to get it work for movies and games!
but i don't get anything from the subwoofer. maybe something doesn't work. that's why i asked if i need some special sound card.
anyway, "system information" says i have a realtek HD audio,
and hifi is marantz MX4000 micro combo

I can't find your HiFi post some pics- of how its all wired together, and all the inputs the hifi supports. How many ports does your sound card have?