plz help cpu problem

compfreak

banned
hi well i was wondering im upgrading my pc dowen teh line and should i get a athon64 4000 or fx 55 with fatal1tys new mobo and a crappy graphic card manly gefore 5s and upgrade teh graphic card later or buy a bloody gd g card and get a athlon 64 3500 i want a gaming pc and gd profomance all around

Bobo

banned
Didn't you post something like this b4?

CPU does not matter(much) for gaming, as long as it is over like 1GHz. The gfx REALLY matters, so go with the better gfx, and RAM matters.

4W4K3

VIP Member
The 939 3500+ processor is a FINE gaming CPU...its not like you are going to lag using a 3500+ because you didn't buy a 4000+ lol. I'd go with a 3500+ and a decent video card now...like said above the video card really matter when gaming, the range of CPU's you are looking at now aren't going to be your bottleneck. What type RAM are you looking for?

Bobo

banned
4W4K3 said:
The 939 3500+ processor is a FINE gaming CPU...its not like you are going to lag using a 3500+ because you didn't buy a 4000+ lol.

Ya, if you're really concerned about the speed, which you sholdn't be, then OC it

compfreak

banned
but the cpu matters in things like video editing and on certain games like in half life 2 how bout amd64 4000 cpu and a nivida 6600 card 1 gig mem or should i scrap it and ge teh new 64 bit intel proccesors

<<seS>>Saint

compfreak said:
but the cpu matters in things like video editing and on certain games like in half life 2 how bout amd64 4000 cpu and a nivida 6600 card 1 gig mem or should i scrap it and ge teh new 64 bit intel proccesors

Ummm no

AMD is the stronger CPU for Gaming.

Blue

<b>VIP Member</b>
but the cpu matters in things like video editing and on certain games like in half life 2

This also has truth to it but the 3500+ is going to run those more then fine but rather excellent indeed :). I would suggest the 3500+ and the better graphics here also.

Praetor

Administrator
Staff member
Ya, if you're really concerned about the speed, which you sholdn't be, then OC it
BUt the 4000 has twice the cache so the core clock isnt the only difference

so what should I get 4000 geforce 6600 or 3500 and a 6800gt
Uh... depends on the budget,

how bout the fx 55 and a crap gpu
if you've got that kinda money why not get a FX53 and a good video card?