plz help new HDD on a HP

C6corvettez51

Ok so im helping a friend fix their computer. Their computer just stoped working for them, so i told them ill take a look. Opening bios i noticed that is didnt detect any HDD so i figured it must have burnt up. They got a new WD HDD and i put it in for them and the comp is detecting it. So the next step for me is to install the OS. They had 8 software discs with their HP comp that includes all the software. I thought when i would boot directly out of bios with the system disc in there, the XP setup would start, but it didnt. I tried using my XP discs that i used with my computer that i built to see if they would boot but it didnt.
I have the dvd drive as the primary boot drive. So what could be the problem? Do i have to do something to the new HDD or to the bios before i can install the OS? I didnt touch the jumpers yet (old HDD), but i figured it should be set to a standard. I have the HDD setup as the primary master with no slave.
TY for any help,
Jonathan

Dystopia

Hmmmm.

Ok. First off, is the BIOS detecting the new HDD? If so, try setting the DVD drive to master again. It should work this is strange,