pops and then fuzz

Zatharus

VIP Member
Good to know. It must be something to do with your card itself or the drivers in Windows7.

Going all the way back to your first post, it sounds like this had been working before, correct? What changed from then to now?

Skytbest

hmm... now that I think about it I believe that the problem began when I installed the Windows 7 drivers. Maybe it would be better with the old Vista drivers. Although I think it was working for a little while with the Windows 7 drivers. I'll try installing the old vista drivers and reporting back. Other than that nothing significant has changed.

Skytbest

It didn't *sigh* Although I did notice something odd. I was testing this with a video in Firefox and it seemed that the popping and fuzz only occurred when I was actually watching the video as well (i.e. I could see it on the screen, the video was in the tab i was viewing at the moment) so as soon as I went to another tab and could no longer see the video, only hear it, the popping went away. I tested this in iTunes and it seemed to be the same deal, when iTunes was minimized there was no popping, but when it was in view I got the popping..... weird.....

Zatharus

VIP Member
That is weird... Have you made a comment about this to the Windows 7 beta group?

Do you have a spare drive you could pop Vista or XP on for a quick test?

Skytbest

well I do have XP on another drive, although for some reason when ever I boot in there neither my mouse nor keyboard work, that is a whole other problem in its own. I've tried using a generic USB mouse and keyboard and still got nothing.

Zatharus

VIP Member
Oh boy... You are having some crazy issues! :)

As for they keyboard and mouse, do you have a PS2 set that you can use. Those should work regardless.

So, besides that, do you get audio?

Also, you may want to check out this support article.

Skytbest

haha, ya i do have some crazy issues. Oh and I dont have a PS2 jack on my PC (stupid dells)

and yes I get audio, that was never the problem. I always had audio, it was just filled with pops and fuzz.

I beleive I've followed everything on the support article before :(

gtg for now, ill be back tomorrow if you got anything for me :)