Port forwarding doesn't work

Rowen

Hey everyone, im new to this forum. I Think this is the correct subforum to post this.. if not can moderators change it ?

So this is my setup 1st router/modem isp (only lan to 2nd router) --> 2nd asus router (main) --> PC
what i did is opened ALL the ports on the 1st router to the 2nd router. Now i can manage them from the 2nd router.. this doesn't work ? anyone can see what i did wrong ?
2oqZnfg.png

I hope someone can help me...
Thanks in advance

beers

Staff member
Greetings!

Why not use a bridge mode if you don't need anything out of the upstream router?

What you defined 'should' work since you are forwarding through both layers of PAT, I'd make sure your OS firewall (Windows Firewall or iptables) can accept traffic on that port from external sources for minecraft as well as verifying that the minecraft process is listening on that port (netstat -n). I'd probably limit the scope upstream down to 25565 just so you don't overlap with any ephemeral ports outbound.

beers

Staff member
What specific upstream device is this? What kind of service do you have?

Usually you can do a bridge mode on cable/DSL or similar to have the upstream device only facilitate the media conversion while the downstream router becomes the WAN facing device from an IP perspective.

Rowen

which device ? the isp router/modem handles upstream its a ubee router.. the 2nd is asus (rt-n66u). btw i listened and tried to connect this is what i got!
t665GBM.png

state=filtered ?
btw i already have a minecraft server hosted at a company just tried this port as a basic one

beers

Staff member
Where are you nmapping from? Do you also have the minecraft server instance already bound to that port? If so you won't see anything on whatever listener app that is since the port is already bound from another process.

Verify that you have the appropriate host firewall rules to allow this traffic.

Rowen

Where are you nmapping from? Do you also have the minecraft server instance already bound to that port? If so you won't see anything on whatever listener app that is since the port is already bound from another process.

Verify that you have the appropriate host firewall rules to allow this traffic.
I don't have a server instance running!
Firewall popped up while opening the listener app to allow.