Port forwarding help

Status
Not open for further replies.

peacemaker898

Here is what I have going on.

ISP: Metrocast
My computer (XP) -> DGS-2208 switch -> WRT350N router -> HT502 phone adapter -> SB5101 modem -> the internet

There are also three other computers going that same route and a laptop bypassing the switch, then following the same route, but, AFAIK, mine is the only one with a static IP. There is an option in my router's interface to change the "Internet Connection Type" to static IP, but I'm guessing that's different than just changing your computer to a static one, right? Am I supposed to change both? I don't want to mess up the connections the other four computers have, though.

I've tried on many occasions to open a port, but was never successful. I always hear people saying on torrents, "Thanks, 1.5mb/s download speed!" I'm happy when I have 15kb/s...

I followed to guide exactly for my router, but, when I test to port, the result is always the same: not open.

I have uTorrent as an allow-all exception in my AVG firewall, but it still doesn't work, even if I disable the firewall altogether.

I have no idea what might be wrong.

Any help would be appreciated, and easy with the tech-speak, I don't have that much experience when it comes to networking.

Thanks. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.