Position of soundcard

dasos

What do you mean the case will have holes.

I would suggest putting fan down if the case allows for it so that the PSU draws cooler ambient air through the PSU, thus increasing efficiency.

I m looking to buy a silent pc case. I noticed that cases with psu placed down have holes in their bottom and apparently this is for psu's fan (faced down).

I wouldn't like to put fan down because the noise would come out.
What would be problem if fan is up? All systems with fan up draw warmer ambient air and have reducing efficiency?

I had fanless psu so far, but (as I describe in another thread) my new mobo ga-970a-ud3 refuse to cooperate with it.

And just for the record, all cases have spaces to let air in. If they did not it would not run more than a few minutes before frying the GPU, PSU, RAM, and CPU.

Dont be so sure. My present case(coolermaster sileo 500) has closed sides, front, bottom and roof. And you really hear nothing.

Last edited:

wolfeking

banned
answer this. You come here for advice, but you know it all, so why ask? You can not get a hermetically sealed case. Air flows through to cool your components. The case you have is not in the least closed in. You have a fan (and thus air coming in) up front, and perferated airholes on the rear of teh case also.
That aside, solid material can conduct sound also. Having a solid side will not stop sound coming out. So please learn some science before you make an arse of yourself again please.

dasos

answer this. You come here for advice, but you know it all, so why ask? You can not get a hermetically sealed case. Air flows through to cool your components. The case you have is not in the least closed in. You have a fan (and thus air coming in) up front, and perferated airholes on the rear of teh case also.
That aside, solid material can conduct sound also. Having a solid side will not stop sound coming out. So please learn some science before you make an arse of yourself again please.

You kidding me or something? U said there is no closed case, I showed u mine. Instead of apology u attack me?
I never said I know all. I ask for the things I dont know, so try answer to these only.
Yes, this case has a front fan(never use it) but front side is closed. Of course there are holes in the rear, I never said about rear.
I have a completely silent system, so I dont wait an 18-years-old bozo like u to teach me in these matters.

Last edited: