Possible best zombie mod ever (arma 2 mod)

SuperDuperMe

Hey all i thought i would share this with you all as i thought it sounded fantastic, http://kotaku.com/5908753/this-might-be-the-greatest-zombie-game-ever-made

In theory it sounds amazing. The one style of game iv been missing. And i am just about to download it (providing its not too big).

What does everyone else think about it?

Any one know of any survival games/mods for other games like this. Obviously stalker springs to mind but iv had bad experiances with clear sky so have generally stayed clear.

SuperDuperMe

Its only MP, servers are persistent :D

Iv downloaded it, just about to hop on. If you fancy someone to roam about with give me a shout :D

(loudly thinking to myself....F*** me i cant wait for this sort of shit on arma 3)

JlCollins005

This looks hella fun, i watched the install guide what im wondering is how to install it so it can actually be played on a server with some others. Gunna talk to a friend at eGO and see if he wants to try and setup one of the servers to play it.

SuperDuperMe

You should its awesome. The servers are mainly full (or they were last night) so it can be difficult getting on.

@JL,I dont think that the install files actually consist of the mission file (atleast i didnt see it when looking through) You may have to ask on dayz website to see if they could send you the mission file. Or someone could on the dayz forum could tell you for definite if one of the files is the mission file.

Im like 90% sure its not there but you could double check :p

EDIT: Talked to some guys today, apparently you have to rent a server to use this mod for your own. You cant host a server in game and the mission files (scripts and all that jazz) arent in the installation files.

If anyone needs help installing the actual mod give me a shout.

EDIT 2: Ok so iv had a couple of days with the mod and its amazing. Server times are real time, so if its dark in the UK and your on a UK server its dark in game. The survival element is freaking scary. Food is hard to come by. Weapons are quite common, however you need to way up which ones you get. For example iv found 4 lee enfields today (took one) however they are very loud compared to the crossbow. That said i prefer the power and extra mags.

Bag space is very limited so again you have to be careful what you take.

Trust no one but trust everyone. I know sounds stupid. But if you dont trust anyone your not going to be able to take on the larger towns which means your gear is going to be low rate. That said, the people your rolling with can and will kill you for no reason if you trust the wrong people. So be careful.

Dont worry about which server you play on as theyre all fed into a main server so progress is saved across the board.

If youve just started playing stick close to the coast. Theyres plenty of locations to loot and most people tend to stay around there. Theres also one of the larger towns situated on the coast as well as an airfield.

Be prepared for long waits to get into a game. Servers are almost always full and there are some loading problems in this alpha. That said when you do get in it is an amazing experiance.

Last edited: