Possible buy? Need opinions!

mrbassitup

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16883113112

Browsing good old newegg in search for a desktop under $500.. I desperately need a new machine. This is one of the computers I came across and thought it was a pretty good deal but also thought I would double check and get some opinions before I do any purchasing.. I am also a little nervous about the slim case and wondering if it is possible to add a graphics card into the tiny space. I do a lot of music recording/editing and just simple home usage.. some gaming but nothing too high end. Any comments or opinions on this computer or other ideas would be greatly appreciated! Thanks!

drdallon

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16883113112

Browsing good old newegg in search for a desktop under $500.. I desperately need a new machine. This is one of the computers I came across and thought it was a pretty good deal but also thought I would double check and get some opinions before I do any purchasing.. I am also a little nervous about the slim case and wondering if it is possible to add a graphics card into the tiny space. I do a lot of music recording/editing and just simple home usage.. some gaming but nothing too high end. Any comments or opinions on this computer or other ideas would be greatly appreciated! Thanks!

Well that computer has a 220W PSU, you would have to replace the PSU if you were going to add any kind of decent graphics card. you are probably better off building your own system.

Do you have a keyboard/monitor/mouse/Operating system already?

mrbassitup

I do have a keyoard, mouse, and monitor, if I built a system I would need an OS too, was hoping to upgrade to Windows 7.

drdallon

Yeah just from looking at the pictures that case has almost no room, you would have to get a short card. And like i said before if you were to get a new GPU you would also have to upgrade your PSU. I would be worried about the GPU over heating in a small unventilated case like that.