Possible new comp - remarks?

voyagerfan99

Master of Turning Things Off and Back On Again
Staff member
Possible new build - remarks?

Hey all!

The old family computer is starting to get up there with age, and I think it's time for a new one. (If I can convince my Dad). It'll be used for gaming, internet, e-mail, and word processing. Let me know if you have any ideas/changes. There is no real site preference (as long as it's US). I already have a monitor/keyboard/speakers picked out.

Case

PSU

Mobo

CPU

GPU

RAM

HDD

Oh; and the budget is about $1000.

Last edited:

Vestitor

Hmm I would say to find a different power supply, I don't know if you can trust that one or not. If your planning to spend $150 on a motherboard make sure the PSU is trust worthy. Just just my 2 cents.

And I am guessing your planning to SLi it.

Ramodkk

VIP Member
Get the P35-DS3L and shop from: www.newegg.com

+1

Save the $50 from te XFX mobo to the GIGABYTE and use them to get the E6750 instead which is like $190 I think on Newegg.com ;)

In other words, get GIGABYTE GA-P35-DS3L ($90) / E6750 ($190) instead of XFX 680i ($150) / E4500 ($130)

BTW: is it just me, or the CPU socket is too close to the top edge of that XFX 680i mobo??

Last edited:

Nvidia4life

I suggest you don't mind spending $50.00 more(after rebate), you check out this deal on tigerdirect.
http://www.tigerdirect.com/applications/SearchTools/item-details.asp?EdpNo=3557020&CatId=2406
You'll have a faster cpu (good overclocker), upgraded memory (same brand, more mhz) and the same motherboard. And it's guaranteed to get to you all on the same day. you might even save on shipping.

I agree with Vestitor about the psu. If you go cheap like that, you might be sorry. Do you know and trust that company?

oscaryu1

VIP Member
That is a FINE power supply!

And trust me, anyone with a brain will know that the 680i is crap.

Lemme get a shot at $1000.

Kornowski

VIP Member
Yeah, get a Gigabyte board, they're very, very good! Also very colourful! ;)

Also, you won't be dissapointed with the GTS! :D

DirtyD86

banned

yep you're right on the money with this build... i must say, you're pretty sharp for a 12 year old

Ramodkk

VIP Member
He's 12 years old? Thats sick man! ;) :) Well I shouldn't be that surprised, I build my first computer when I was 11.