Possible new Titan?

Darren

Staff member
I'm surprised we haven't heard anything about the 960 and 950 as the mid range X50 and X60 cards from Nvidia are normally really popular.

spirit

Staff member
I'm surprised we haven't heard anything about the 960 and 950 as the mid range X50 and X60 cards from Nvidia are normally really popular.

I am too but I remember when the 600 series came out in 2012 they brought out the 680 in March and then the 670 in May as the high-end cards and then months after the 670 came out the 660 and 660 Ti finally came along. I think the 660 came out in July or August 2012 meaning that the 680 had already been on sale for 4-5 months before the 660 came out. They seem to always bring out the high-end cards first but I would have thought that a 950 and 960 are definitely on the way with the 750 and 760 being 2 years old this summer!

Shane

Super Moderator
Staff member
Will be a beast,Im still undecided what to upgrade to from my GTX 670 but i know i want something with 8gb of Vram.

kdfresh09

im thinking that the gm200 chip, will be in the 980ti, some form of a titan, and or possibly a dual gpu card. why not, for as power efficient the chips are, it would be a great platform for such a card, and can be easily cooled on a single pcb board, with a top notch custom cooler. i just sold my 2 x evge ftw+ 4gb gtx 670 sli setup, and bought a r9 290x by powercolor. pcs+ version. wasnt much in the upgrade, more of a side grade, since i already had 4gb on each of my 670's, but im running on a 1440p monitor, and the r9 290x performs better in game then my sli set up did. i really wanted to get a 8gb card from nvidia, since ive used nvidia now for over 10 years. but they had no offerings and i wasnt liking the 970 vram design, so i opted for the 4gb 290x. could have gotton the 8gb version, but it was out of my price range. as soon as the new nvidia cards come out that have 8gb on them, and i hope they FINALY go for a minimum of 512bit for the mem bus, (there going to have to you would think with 8gb of vram) then im going to be selling this 290x, and get back on board with the green team

Last edited: