Possible Problem with Chrome

johnnyb58

Something weird is going on when I when I go on line using Chrome or at least I think it’s the browser. I use Facebook and YouTube a lot for information and things aren’t showing correctly or duplicate posts appear. I have had numerous posts that I wrote show up in duplicate and when I delete the duplicate, both disappear. Most of the forum’s I go to block duplicate posts and almost every time I post on a forum a window pops up saying that I have a duplicate post.

I think the problem is within Chrome and want to reinstall it, but I’m afraid I’ll lose all my favorites and site passwords. I don’t have any personal or financial stuff saved, but its such a pain to recover a password. A couple of forums blocked me completely so I couldn’t even get in touch with a site administrator to fix it.

So any suggestions for doing this?

johnnyb58

I almost forgot about another problem. At least once a day my mouse pointer stops working and I have to press ALT-F4 to close the browser. Then the pointer works again after I open it back up.

johnb35

Administrator
Staff member
Are you signed into your google account and have sync turned on? If so, then it saves all your bookmarks and login data. Would just be a matter of reinstalling and sign into your account. Try using a different mouse too.

johnnyb58

Are you signed into your google account and have sync turned on?
I'm not sure what that means. I've never logged into google except for gmail. I do know that when I search for things on google from other devices, google knows everything I searched for from all my devices.

johnb35

Administrator
Staff member
Open chrome. look in the top right corner and see if you have similar to this.

Click on the round icon to get this little screen. See how it says sync is on?
chrome.jpg

johnnyb58

OK I had my sync off, but I'm not sure if I like statement "Google may use your history to personalize Search, ads, and other Google services" when turned on. They seem to already be using my history so I don't know what else they want. I'm going to have to think about this. But thanks.