Possible PSU problem

cameronp29

Heres my problem.

PSU is a xclio goodpower 500w. Been working great for a few years now. Computer is nothing serious just a basic music and web surfing build. Recently I shut everything down and disconnected everything to do some rearranging. After I hooked everything back up my computer wont power on. Checked the back of the computer and my PSU light was blinking orange and a little clicking noise was coming from it. I disconnected everything opened my case unhooked everything the PSU was connected to and re set everything. Still nothing. Un hooked everything except the 24 and 4 pin connectors going to the mobo and still the same blinking orange light. I unplugged the 24 pin connector and the light goes solid orange. Ive done some research and I am currently trying to get my hands on another PSU to see if another one will fix my problem before I buy another one.

Any other suggestions on how I can test/troubleshoot my problem. If you need more info on my rig just let me know.

FuryRosewood

sounds like you are having a PSU issue, for a few bucks you could grab a CX500 by corsair and be certain, i didnt think that was a reputable brand to begin with anyway.