Possible Sound Card Problem?

kingdante87

I have a problem with my sound. Every once in a while when I'm playing sound my computer will either turn the sound into a SADFLKKLJADSKFJASD statickey sound with high pitched screatches .... almost like draging a record needle across a moving record OR it'll just stop playing the sound all together. The only way to remidy this is to close what ever sound is being played and start it over. It comes without warning and not in the same place on the files or the same files. The only sound I've noticed that isint affected is when CDs are played in the computer. It never does it to the CD sound. Maybe it's not a sound card problem but I think it might be. I've played sounds in 3 different virsions of windows media player and it does it in all of them. Thats why I think it might be the sound card. Thanks for your help and suggestions.

Lorand

<b>VIP Member</b>
I don't think it's a sound card problem. Most probably a codec issue (or a virus?).
Anyway, you could use that sound effect if you want to be a DJ... :D

Praetor

Administrator
Staff member
Every once in a while when I'm playing sound my computer will either turn the sound into a SADFLKKLJADSKFJASD statickey sound with high pitched screatches .... almost like draging a record needle across a moving record OR it'll just stop playing the sound all together.
LMAO someone else who had that problem! :D Have a look at the latest drivers for the soundcard