* Post Your Case Mods *

taylormsj

Ill start off with my earliest mods,

Front1.jpg

Topdark.jpg

toplight.jpg

One cathode switch, one 120mm fan, one zalman fan mate and one blue led controlled by the cathode switch

final.jpg

Old lapped opteron

frontkama.jpg

Front fan mod

DSCF2996.jpg

An analougue hard drive meter (moves up and down according to HDD activity)

sidepanel1.jpg

Top mounted rad and first window cut

DSCF2999.jpg

First water loop

windowlight.jpg

Second window

uvleds.jpg

UV Led's i wired up

moboholefront.jpg

messfront.jpg

Various holes

fancontrol.jpg

Custom fan controller

newfluid2.jpg

Old loop

Current project

DSCF3146.jpg

DSCF3172.jpg

DSCF3198.jpg

DSCF3203.jpg

DSCF3216.jpg

DSCF3213.jpg

Quite a lot of mods, sorry for anyone who is still on 56 K

aSc1@3

taylormsj, be carefull NOT to put the computer with bottom fans on carpet if they are intake, my current case for some reason has the front intake fan sucking in air from a little hole on the bottom of the case, and after that spot carpet became dust-free, my video card looked like a dustball, and 2 minutes later it caught on fire.

Last edited:

lovely?

both the stock intel coolers i've seen suck air through heatsink, but i think air onto heatsink does make more sense, i'll try it.

lol theres never been a heatsink that sucks air through, they all blow onto the heatsink, simple aerodynamics shows that.

reddevil6

lol theres never been a heatsink that sucks air through, they all blow onto the heatsink, simple aerodynamics shows that.
i dont know if i can could this but on my on AMD 700MHz had a big heat sink on it but the fan was a short elbow bend with a fan sucking air an that sat about an inch above the heatsink an you could feel the air coming through the fins on the heat sink.

The_Other_One

VIP Member
I had a really nice looking Gateway desktop case I modded a long time ago. I painted it red (leaving some parts gray), added a fan to the top, one on the front (hidden) and removed and filled the old "Gateway 2000" logo. That was quite a while ago, though, and I've not done anything too major since...

I do have my NAS I recently removed the fan and replaced with a much larger, more quiet fan. Perhaps I could clean up the cut then paint the case :p I recently noticed some scratches in the plastic, so painting it wouldn't be that bad of an idea :p

taylormsj

Taylor, excellent mods as always :) For the UV lights, would you recommend LED's or cold cathodes?

burnt! :D

Led's look much nicer, but they are a pain to wire up, even more of a pain to attach them in a good position, cathodes would be much easier for the lazy user

Ramodkk

VIP Member
Led's look much nicer, but they are a pain to wire up, even more of a pain to attach them in a good position, cathodes would be much easier for the lazy user

Thanks cause I already own 2 x UV cathodes, and I think they look good and was wondering if it was worth it to get LED's instead...