Post your CrystalDiskMark results

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ethan3.14159

Now that more people here are getting high performance SSDs and HDD's we should see how well they perform.

Post your CrystalDiskMark results with a description of the drive(s) with your username. Download Windows version HERE.

PLEASE READ: Make sure you run CrystalDiskMark in '0Fill' mode, otherwise the write speeds will be way off.

Here's mine.

Untitled-33.png

Last edited by a moderator:

Ethan3.14159

Interesting results you guys got from the same drive, no?
I realized I had the wrong BIOS settings for my SSD. It was running in standard IDE mode, and when I enabled AHCI and edited the registry my speeds increased heaps.

I've edited my first post with the new results.

Shane

Super Moderator
Staff member
So far only 1 person has used the wrong settings. I added the correct mode to run the benchmark to the first post.

jevery + linkin ran it in "5" next to the 1000mb check box,while me and you ran it in "2".

Attachments

• cap5.jpg
    cap5.jpg
    13.8 KB · Views: 1,667
Last edited:

bomberboysk

So far only 1 person has used the wrong settings. I added the correct mode to run the benchmark to the first post.

Never tried it. Maybe you should start a thread for it like the 3DMark and SuperPi threads.

Eh, Atto runs something like 20 tests of different filesizes, reporting results for each one. Trying to create a ranking thread for that would be...hectic to say the least:p

garyhope

CrystalDiskMark scores, which is better lower or higher?

Please excuse my dumb noob question about the CrystalDiskMark scores. I couldn't find much info about the scores and set ups etc.

Which is better, higher numbers or lower?

I did manage to test my old Western Digital Caviar SE16 WD2500KS 250GB 7200 RPM 16MB Cache SATA 3.0Gb/s 3.5" Hard Drive and got these numbers. They seem kind of low. Is that correct? Should they be higher?

I'm thinking of getting a new Western Digital Caviar Black WD5001AALS 500GB 7200 RPM 32MB Cache SATA 3.0Gb/s 3.5" Internal Hard Drive to use with my current system or with a new 1155 Sandy Bridge build. Eventually I'll get an SSD for a boot and app drive. Thanks all.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------
CrystalDiskMark 3.0.1 (C) 2007-2010 hiyohiyo
Crystal Dew World : http://crystalmark.info/
-----------------------------------------------------------------------
* MB/s = 1,000,000 byte/s [SATA/300 = 300,000,000 byte/s]

Sequential Read : 53.765 MB/s
Sequential Write : 48.426 MB/s
Random Read 512KB : 22.689 MB/s
Random Write 512KB : 16.232 MB/s
Random Read 4KB (QD=1) : 0.145 MB/s [ 35.3 IOPS]
Random Write 4KB (QD=1) : 1.704 MB/s [ 416.0 IOPS]
Random Read 4KB (QD=32) : 0.775 MB/s [ 189.3 IOPS]
Random Write 4KB (QD=32) : 1.732 MB/s [ 422.9 IOPS]

Test : 50 MB [C: 13.2% (30.8/232.9 GB)] (x5) <All 0x00, 0Fill>
Date : 2011/01/28 0:06:57

kopper

Thanks for posting your results guys, very helpful when diagnosing and you want to compare results.

After reading some of the SSD results I think it is time for an upgrade.

Initially I was getting Seq write speeds of around 35MB/s. I looked into it and found my partition alignment was out, despite only recently being a fresh install of Win7-64bit.

After doing a bit of reading, I upgraded the firmware on my SSD, enabled AHCI support and did a clean install, which also fixed the alignment. Im now getting the below results, which arent too bad, but some of those numbers are much smaller than other SSD's that have been listed.

Im not sure how much those bottom numbers will impact performance, but Ill stick a new SSD drive in and find out.

garyhope, the higher the numbers the better.

Attachments

• Results.jpg
    Results.jpg
    94.9 KB · Views: 1,385
Status
Not open for further replies.