*POST YOUR TABLET OR PHONE HERE*

Grantapus

hey, i have been seeing how much people like photo threads, so i made one!

Post a pic of your phone/and/or your tablet!

Tell what version of android / ios ur running, and specs.

Punk

Staff member
Samsung Galaxy SII GT-I900P
samsung-galaxy-s2-photo-2.jpg

Lenovo Miix 3 1030 (upgraded to Win10)

LD0002814038_2.jpg

DMGrier

VIP Member
nexus-5x-topic-1.png

Nexus 5x 32GB Android 6.0.1
GSM / CDMA / HSPA / LTE
Type IPS LCD capacitive touchscreen, 16M colors
Size 5.2 inches (~70.2% screen-to-body ratio)
Resolution 1080 x 1920 pixels (~423 ppi pixel density)
CPU Qualcomm Snapdragon 808 chipset
GPU Adreno 418

I don't believe in tablets, Small ultra books can do so much more...
412yNYty15L._SY300_.jpg

Ubuntu 14.04.3 64 Bit
  • Intel Core i5-3317U 1.7 GHz
  • 4 GB SO-DIMM, 128 GB Solid-State Drive
  • Backlit Keyboard,5 hours of battery life
  • 13.3-Inch IPS FHD LED Screen, Intel HD 4000 Graphics

Last edited:

Grantapus

nexus-5x-topic-1.png

Nexus 5x 32GB Android 6.0.1
GSM / CDMA / HSPA / LTE
Type IPS LCD capacitive touchscreen, 16M colors
Size 5.2 inches (~70.2% screen-to-body ratio)
Resolution 1080 x 1920 pixels (~423 ppi pixel density)
CPU Qualcomm Snapdragon 808 chipset
GPU Adreno 418

I don't believe in tablets, Small ultra books can do so much more...
412yNYty15L._SY300_.jpg

Ubuntu 14.04.3 64 Bit
  • Intel Core i5-3317U 1.7 GHz
  • 4 GB SO-DIMM, 128 GB Solid-State Drive
  • Backlit Keyboard,5 hours of battery life
  • 13.3-Inch IPS FHD LED Screen, Intel HD 4000 Graphics

DUDE! I LOVE YOUR NEXUS!

Samsung Galaxy SII GT-I900P
samsung-galaxy-s2-photo-2.jpg

Nice phone, nice android gingerbread ;)

right now im using a GT-19000 android 2.3.6 ROM on my samsung captivate!

Tablets have a time and a place. I can't always have my laptop out or walk around to type things out, so that's what I have my Nexus 9 for.

Your right!
i cant take my laptop or desktop around with me on road trips and stuff! thats where tablets come in handy!

Last edited by a moderator:

DMGrier

VIP Member
I love my phone too, my only complaint (not a big one) is the Camera is weird with a lot of apps, like upside down. It is fine in my Camera app but like my banking app when I want to deposit a check I have to flip the check upside down. Couldn't ask for a better phone though.

I do get tablets have their place, for me my phone does the job otherwise I need a full OS and keyboard. Not to mention I got ultra book as an employee buy back program from my work for $20, just figured with some posting Windows tablets running a full OS a ultra book wouldn't hurt:).

spirit

Staff member
Main phone: Nokia Lumia 925 (with the yellow Nokia wireless charging case, black handset, Windows 10, previously Windows Phone 8.1):

Other phones (I own all of these too):

Nokia Lumia 625 (black handset, Windows 10, previously Windows Phone 8.1):

Nokia Lumia 710 (black handset, Windows Phone 7.8):

nokia-710-1.jpg

Samsung Galaxy S3 Mini (pebble-blue handset, Android something-or-other):

Tablet: First generation Microsoft Surface Pro (black, Microsoft TypeCover keyboard, Intel Core i5 3317U, 4GB DDR3, 64GB SSD, 1080p display, Windows 8.1 Pro x64):

The funny thing is that this old Surface Pro has the same specs as @DMGrier's ultrabook, yet actually it is way more versatile because it is a tablet and a laptop and also has the pen that you can use for handwriting etc. The Surface Pros are the most versatile computers ever made. Ultrabook specs in a tablet body - win win! ;)

bgr-surface-pro-1.jpg

Last edited:

Grantapus

Main phone: Nokia Lumia 925 (with the yellow Nokia wireless charging case, black handset, Windows 10, previously Windows Phone 8.1):

Other phones (I own all of these too):

Nokia Lumia 625 (black handset, Windows 10, previously Windows Phone 8.1):

Nokia Lumia 710 (black handset, Windows Phone 7.8):

nokia-710-1.jpg

Samsung Galaxy S3 Mini (pebble-blue handset, Android something-or-other):

Tablet: First generation Microsoft Surface Pro (black, Microsoft TypeCover keyboard, Intel Core i5 3317U, 4GB DDR3, 64GB SSD, 1080p display, Windows 8.1 Pro x64):

The funny thing is that this old Surface Pro has the same specs as @DMGrier's ultrabook, yet actually it is way more versatile because it is a tablet and a laptop and also has the pen that you can use for handwriting etc. The Surface Pros are the most versatile computers ever made. Ultrabook specs in a tablet body - win win! ;)

bgr-surface-pro-1.jpg

Wow, i guess you like windows....

spirit

Staff member
Wow, i guess you like windows....
Indeed! I'm a Worldwide Microsoft Student Ambassador and have attended Microsoft events in London and Seattle to present about using technology in education. I'm just preparing for a TED talk for a talk about the same subject. :D

strollin

lgg2.jpg

LG G2, 32G, Android 5.02

sp3.JPG

Surface Pro 3, i5 cpu, 4GB RAM, 128GB ssd, Win 8.1 64-bit. I'm with Spirit, the Surface Pro devices are the best of both worlds! Great tablet and ultrabook.

DMGrier

VIP Member
I have the same issue with my mobile check deposit.
I have tried other apps that require a camera and they are all with the same result. Hopefully with Android N this will get fixed.

Yeah it is, yours can handle thinGs like hand writing and so on.... Mine still has the better keyboard:).

Last edited:

Geoff

VIP Member
Lets see...

I started 2015 with the LG G3:
lg-g3-dual-sim-1.jpg

Then I got the LG G4 in July:
45936f83-64e5-43a7-b168-052a6e5b522c._CB305022594__SR300,300_.jpg

Then later in the summer I got the Galaxy S6:
galaxy-s6-review-11.jpg

Then I got the iPhone 6s in September:
iphone6-gray-select-2014_GEO_US

Then I got the Note 5 later in September:

galaxy-note-5-14.jpg

Now I have the Nexus 6P that I got in October:
nexus-6p-12.jpg

And I pre-ordered the Galaxy S7 Edge, which will be arriving later this week:
galaxy-s7-edge-silver.jpg

Last edited:

DMGrier

VIP Member
Geoff,
See you like to go through your phones;). Since you had so many which phone did you enjoy the most from this year?

Geoff

VIP Member
Geoff,
See you like to go through your phones;). Since you had so many which phone did you enjoy the most from this year?
My personal favorite phones by year:

2013: LG G2
2014: LG G3
2015: Nexus 6P
2016: S7 Edge (so far)

From all the phones I've had, this is the order of best to worst in terms of camera:

1.) LG G4
2.) Note 5
3.) Galaxy S6
4.) Nexus 6P
5.) iPhone 6s
6.) LG G3
7.) LG G2

Grantapus

Indeed! I'm a Worldwide Microsoft Student Ambassador and have attended Microsoft events in London and Seattle to present about using technology in education. I'm just preparing for a TED talk for a talk about the same subject. :D
Can you send me a link to your ted talk? i would like to see it! :)

Lets see...

I started 2015 with the LG G3:
lg-g3-dual-sim-1.jpg

Then I got the LG G4 in July:
45936f83-64e5-43a7-b168-052a6e5b522c._CB305022594__SR300,300_.jpg

Then later in the summer I got the Galaxy S6:
galaxy-s6-review-11.jpg

Then I got the iPhone 6s in September:
iphone6-gray-select-2014_GEO_US

Then I got the Note 5 later in September:

galaxy-note-5-14.jpg

Now I have the Nexus 6P that I got in October:
nexus-6p-12.jpg

And I pre-ordered the Galaxy S7 Edge, which will be arriving later this week:
galaxy-s7-edge-silver.jpg
Nice phones Geoff!

DMGrier

VIP Member
My personal favorite phones by year:

2013: LG G2
2014: LG G3
2015: Nexus 6P
2016: S7 Edge (so far)

Glad to see the Nexus 6P made the list. The 6P is to much phone for my use but I do love my 5x and the frequency of updates.

spirit

Staff member
Can you send me a link to your ted talk? i would like to see it! :)

Sure! It's on March 19th but will be available on YouTube shortly after that.

If you want my phone history, here it is:

September 2009 - April 2010: Vodafone VF527 (present)
April 2010 - May 2011: Samsung C3050 Stratus (bought new)
May 2011 - January 2013: Samsung GT-S5620 Monte (bought new)
January 2013 - August 2014: Nokia Lumia 710 ('hand-me-down' from Dad)
August 2014 - November 2015: Nokia Lumia 625 (bought second-hand very cheaply)
November 2015 - present: Nokia Lumia 925 (swapped with an S5 Mini with a friend)

I picked up the S3 Mini along the way. It was my Dad's phone and then my brother's but he upgraded to an S5 Mini shortly afterwards (and then he got an iPhone 6 Plus to replace that).

My favourite has been the 925 even though it is has its rather annoying flaws, one of them being the phone speaker doesn't work very well (or at all, even). It's also scratched up as hell but still looks pretty good. But as a handset, it feels great and the display is so nice coming from the 625 which has a rather dull display in comparison. I'm sure my next phone will be another Windows Phone, probably the flagship that's available when I buy it.

Tablets:

July 2014 - December 2014: Microsoft Surace RT
December 2014 - present: Microsoft Surface Pro

Got them both for free from school. The Pro is better for obvious reasons. ;) Actually, I still feel that the Surface Pro is hands down the best COMPUTER I've ever used, let alone tablet! :D

Last edited:

Agent Smith

Just a Samsung Galaxy S4. Black version.

samsung-galaxy-s-4-i9500-black-mist.jpg

Has an Otterbox case.

I would never spend over $200 for a phone. But that's just me. I actually got this on a Cybermonday sale from Cricket for $100. Uses Kitkat.

Speaking of Kitkat... What's with these stupid names? Gingerbread, Cotton Candy, Kitkat, Lollipop. Why don't they name the OS after alcohol drinks? The Margerita. The Pina Colada. The Tom Collins. LOL!

I'd like to have a Blackphone from Silentcircle. But that's on the back burner ATM.

spirit

Staff member
View attachment 6894

Surface Pro 3, i5 cpu, 4GB RAM, 128GB ssd, Win 8.1 64-bit. I'm with Spirit, the Surface Pro devices are the best of both worlds! Great tablet and ultrabook.
You have a good taste in tablets!

I love all Surfaces apart from maybe the RT and the 3 (not the Pro 3, just 'the 3'). The RTs were too restrictive and when you have over 200 of them to manage they're a pain, believe me (can't just deploy a custom image to them like you could if it ran proper Windows) and of course Windows RT and the Surface RT platform is obsolete now. The TouchCover keyboards we've got with our RTs are just horrible too.

The 3 just seems to be 'doomed'. It looks very pretty but it's quite expensive for what it is and it's not terribly powerful either. It ran 8.1 OK but it doesn't seem to like 10 much, quite a few driver problems. Got 25 of them at school and had quite a few issues with a lot of them especially once they'd been upgraded from 8.1 to 10. I also don't think the pen and the handwriting experience is as nice on the 3 as some of the other Surfaces. The 6 hour charging time is just ridiculous too. Yes, it charges via USB which can be nice, but even when plugged into the mains it takes a good 6 hours to fully charge which is unacceptable. It's like an Anfla Romeo: very pretty but might have its problems. ;)

But the original Pro, the Pro 2, Pro 3 and Pro 4 are all excellent. Used them all, but used the original one and the Pro 3 the most. Very versatile computers that actually represent good value for money and all beautifully built, gorgeous tablets.

Last edited: