power connector for computer case.

volcano1

i tried taking the front off so i could install a front fan for my computer tower and the hole were to small. and in the process i tore several of the cable that control the power button and now i cannot turn my computer back on. i have a APEX PCV-588. i can repair the wires myself because i dont have tools to do it.

porterjw

Spaminator
Staff member
You actually tore (as in pulled apart) the cable from the power button?

Or did you pull the ends off where they attach to the Motherboard?

Laquer Head

Considering its a pretty inexpensive case, unless its dirt cheap to repair/get new front panel, I'd just upgrade to a new case!

The one you have is like $65, in that same price range are many cases. I just bought a new Corsair case 230T for $70 shipped to my door. (for example)

beers

Staff member
volcano1 said:
i can repair the wires myself because i dont have tools to do it.

Power buttons are just a simple circuit with two wires. You can strip a portion and twist them back together, you'd just have to verify which specific ones are coming off of the header. You don't really need any particular tools for that, I'll also assume you meant to say can't repair. ;)

Alternatively you can bridge the power button circuit with a screwdriver or something, but I'd advise against it if you're specifically unable to find that part of the header.