power problems with Toshiba Satellite A205-S5855, randomly shuts off

elmer91

sorry to bring up an older thread, but the problem went away on its own, about 2 months ago. and well, today, the day after the warranty ran out, it starts shutting itself off again. the only thing i did today was re activate photoshop. why would it stop for 2 months and come back again?

Carlos Benitez

I have a different type of problem w/ my Toshiba A205 S5855. It repeatedly enter the letter t if, for example, I am in a word processor or email prog (which is often). Then, when it is done with t (usually for about a page to three pages), it will not enter t at all for another few minutes before repeatedly entering t a little later. It usually happens when the machine has been running a while and is hot - even tho I always keep the machine on a fan. I have done all kinds of virus scans (found nothing), disk cleanups, etc... to no avail. Then yesterday, I was talking to a friend who has a similar Toshiba model, and his does the same thing, except with the letter L. Has any one else had a similar problem with Toshiba Satellite A205s?