Power Supply w/o Attached Cables

A_Tom

Power supplies always have way more cables and connectors than I need. This is especially true now that you can put your hard drive right on the mobo. I could get by with a power supply that only has the 24 pin and 4 pin mobo connectors. If I need other drives or storage they can be USB, on the network, or in the cloud. Anyone know of such a device?

UnholyVision

Yes, there are PSU's that are called "Modular" which you can get to do what you're saying you want. It will not have a single cable connected to it unless you plug them in.

Before anyone can really recommend a power supply unit, one must know your power requirements. What is your current PC's components?

A_Tom

Yes, there are PSU's that are called "Modular" which you can get to do what you're saying you want. It will not have a single cable connected to it unless you plug them in.

Before anyone can really recommend a power supply unit, one must know your power requirements. What is your current PC's components?
Yes, I found them, thanks. My computers are minimal, less than 300 watts. Hence the need for very few cables. The are also caseless, so I'd prefer not to have the extra spare cables flopping around.