power supply

salvijus02

Soo simply if my pc only needs like 200w and I have like 750w power supply soo will my power will just drain to nothing all those like 500w would just go nowhere and I just pay more for my bill?

voyagerfan99

Master of Turning Things Off and Back On Again
Staff member
It will only use as much as it needs. It also will not run as efficiently as it could (power wise) with that large a PSU. If you only need 200W or so I'd go with a 450W PSU.

salvijus02

It will only use as much as it needs. It also will not run as efficiently as it could (power wise) with that large a PSU. If you only need 200W or so I'd go with a 450W PSU.
WHAT IF I UPGRADE MY PC FROM TIME TO TIME?

AND IT DOESNT AFFECT MY PC IF I BUY JUST A POWER SUPPLY WITH MORE WATTS IT DOESNT AFFECT MY PC RIGHT?

Last edited by a moderator:

salvijus02

voyagerfan99if post: 1992610 said:
Depends on what you plan on upgrading. Unless you're running a gaming video card you'll never need more than 400W.

No but it's a waste to drop money on a PSU you don't need.
I just need to know If it doesnt matter how much watts is there.

beers

Staff member
RANDOM YELLING

If your PSU can't provide enough wattage then your PC won't function. If you can provide more than enough wattage to the system then that's great, but it won't automatically increase your power consumption.

salvijus02

Last edited by a moderator: