Power Switch "mod"

SpringWater

I'm modding my case and I want to change the way the power switch looks. So, my question is if I will cut off the current lame, regular looking power switch and replace it with something like one of these industrial looking light switches is it going to work? (by the way, I know that I have to use some sort of a switch that comes back to its position after its clicked, and doesn't keep the current going through it)

wolfeking

banned
the switch, probably not. But any momentary switch would work. The wire, you may be able to, but it is cheap enough that I would not take the risk of screwing it up.

Aastii

VIP Member
Of course you can make it all yourself. All you need is a way to bridge the two power contacts on the board. If you didn't have a switch, you can bridge them with a screwdriver and it will still turn off + on.

I personally would buy the cheapest case switch you can to steal the cables from so that you have the connection to the mobo there and ready, or just use the one from your current button.

Then it is whatever means you want to bridge these two cables, be it a rocker switch, button, dial, whatever

MMM

I'm modding my case and I want to change the way the power switch looks. So, my question is if I will cut off the current lame, regular looking power switch and replace it with something like one of these industrial looking light switches is it going to work? (by the way, I know that I have to use some sort of a switch that comes back to its position after its clicked, and doesn't keep the current going through it)

Any momentary switch will do the job for you!!!