powersupply

Praetor

Administrator
Staff member
I cant vouch for that line of PSUs but their Xconnect line is very very very nice ... go for it! (although i'd recomend their modular PSUs first)

imjacktoo

That Xconnect is cool..I just ordered one...Found them under Ultra instead of Powmax...

It's going to be nice only having the cables U need instead of hot gluing the extras to the back of the mobo tray...Really cleans up ur case.... :D

I have the 480w Demon model for the last three months now, running D2OL 24/7...Never failed me. Running a number of fans and at one time a water system at 80watts, two optical drives and o/c the cpu...and other cards ....

Last edited:

Praetor

Administrator
Staff member
That Xconnect is cool..I just ordered one...Found them under Ultra instead of Powmax...
Ultra is the sub-model/line name, the company is PowMax :)

It's going to be nice only having the cables U need instead of hot gluing the extras to the back of the mobo tray...Really cleans up ur case....
Or cutting the cables off and sealing the ends :p

4W4K3

VIP Member
reviews seem flaky. i wouldnt get it personally. maybe something a bit more reliable...for $30 i wouldnt trust it to last too long. might be decent though...have to see.

Praetor

Administrator
Staff member
Is this the same company as PowMax or are they both making the same PSU or is one making it for the other???
If I understand it properly, PowMax owns Ultra (the company). Ultra (the company), makes Ultra (the PSUs) so in essence, PowMax makes Ultras (the PSUs)

reviews seem flaky. I wouldnt get it personally. maybe something a bit more reliable...for $30 I wouldnt trust it to last too long. might be decent though...have to see.
Didnt you say you liked those PSUs in a different thread... and that $212 was a bit too much for you? (dont make me hunt it down... :p)

4W4K3

VIP Member
Praetor said:
Didnt you say you liked those PSUs in a different thread... and that $212 was a bit too much for you? (dont make me hunt it down... :p)

powmax?!? no way i dont think so. hold on let me get the link to the one i liked. http://www.xoxide.com/pc-power-and-cooling-510w-deluxe.html <--thats the REALLY good one..but i can afford a $200+ PSU. i'd say $50 or under is too cheap to feel reliable. around $75-$100 is what i would expect to pay...unless its onsale or something. fortron i really like too.

Praetor

Administrator
Staff member
Oh ok i was close on the quote (with the $$ at least) :p ... I like PowMax both.. all their models if im not forgetting something. Them and Vantec and Thermaltake :)