Pre-Built gaming rig!

Mr.Moose

Hey guys,

I'm looking for a new computer and was looking at this badboy

Planned on upgrading from 2GB of RAM to the 4GB option for some raw power!
I'm expecting to play Battlefield 3 on ultra, I could maybe sacrifice a little and change the settings to "high"... It's possible on this gaming beast, right?

What do you guys think??

spirit

Staff member
Gaming on Apple Macs just doesn't happen I'm afraid, or at least not inside of OSX. If you want to game on a Mac you need to use Bootcamp and install Windows alongside OSX. I'm not sure this can really play the games on high though, don't think the GPU is good enough?

claptonman

You will not get anywhere near high settings on this. The video card is practically nonexistent, and yes, you need windows (possibly linux mint, not sure) to play BF3.

You should easily get those settings on your desktop.

Yeah, this seems like a joke. I do like a laugh at apple now and then, but this does take away from serious threads. (If this is a joke)

Last edited:

C4Radon

Hey guys,

I'm looking for a new computer and was looking at this badboy

Planned on upgrading from 2GB of RAM to the 4GB option for some raw power!
I'm expecting to play Battlefield 3 on ultra, I could maybe sacrifice a little and change the settings to "high"... It's possible on this gaming beast, right?

What do you guys think??

I think it was supposed to be a joke, Haha.

Even if it wasn't I got a good laugh out of it :D

spirit

Staff member
claptonman said:
Yeah, this seems like a joke
It's also in the wrong forum I've just realized. This is the desktop forum and the OP is posting the Air, a laptop??

But yeah, unsuitable for BF3, especially at ultra.

bigmac9787

Every time I see what apple charges for componets i die a little inside. $100 for some knock off brand 4gb ram should be illegal. I was messing with my wife one time when she said she wanted a apple desktop, I went to their website and build one it came to over $22,000..yes thats correct I didnt misplace the comma for a decemial.

claptonman

Every time I see what apple charges for componets i die a little inside. $100 for some knock off brand 4gb ram should be illegal. I was messing with my wife one time when she said she wanted a apple desktop, I went to their website and build one it came to over $22,000..yes thats correct I didnt misplace the comma for a decemial.

Everyone does it. Go look at Dell's build your own computer and see.

If the mac you were customizing needed 32 gb of ran, an 8 core xeon than maybe.Apple is not that overpriced.Also,how do you know that is knock off ram?Lots of computer manufancures dont put brands on their ram.

spirit

Staff member
byteninja2 said:
how do you know that is knock off ram?Lots of computer manufancures dont put brands on their ram.
That's how we know it's 'knockoff'/generic RAM - it has no brand.

SilentRabbit

ALso wether its knock off or not $100 dollars for 4Gb of 1333mhz ram is very steep, even if it was quad channel which its not....!